5: Up All Night

Warning: This chapter shows swearing and violence.

I heard loud laughing coming from the parking lot. I picked up my box and and ran to the commotion.

Then I saw them. Harry Styles and his squad of other bullies.

His friends had a freshman that I recognized pinned to the ground while Harry just stands there. The person being bullied had bruises on his face and looked as if he couldn't move at all. They were spitting at him and laughing as each person went on to each rude remark. As I walk closer I can see them kicking the poor guy.

"Why don't you run to your bitch girlfriend, you freak," says someone says hesitantly. I squint and I see that the bully has blonde hair, blue eyes, and dimples. To be honest, he doesn't look like the jerk type. He was wearing a button down polo shirt with what looked like a new pair of khakis. He was probably that student that came from Ireland that all the other girls were talking about. I can see that he was forced into all this. Once he said it there is instantly an expression of regret.

"Yeah and we all know that I fucked her last night," said another. This time, this boy has brown hair, blue eyes, and a ripped open shirt showing his toned body. I instantly know who it is. Louis. We used to be best friends when we were little but things changed when I was invited one day to his house.

His dad was drunk when he came home and started hitting Louis right in front of me. Weeks later his mother committed suicide leaving him and his father alone together. I should've known he would have turned out like this. I could've helped him. A pang of guilt hits my heart and disappointment like I was the worst friend ever. Then I noticed someone else was talking.

"Why would you go making yourself a girlfriend when you don't deserve one, huh?" This person was a brunette too and had a mustache and a beard. But it wasn't an actual mustache and beard, it was just a lot of stubble. This bully had bushy eyebrows and brown eyes. Ugh, Liam. I had to tutor him before I was placed into regular math. He would invite his girlfriend and they would makeout while I was trying to teach him. No wonder he's failing.

"You know what guys? I think we should show give this fag a little haircut," a boy says. He has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. His hair is in a quiff and he has the same stubble as Liam. I have seen him in the shower before with a girl...naked. I was so scared that he saw me that I ran out of there as fast as I could. It's disgusting that people would do that in public. Later that day I found out that his name was Zayn.

My mind starts panicking once I see him pull out a knife. Liam put his hand over the boy's mouth so his screams and sobs couldn't be heard. But in the inside, I could hear them.

Zayn puts the knife right under the frightened boy's cheekbone. Meanwhile, Louis takes his phone and starts recording.

"Why don't we start with his ugly ass face," Zayn says with a evil smirk. I couldn't believe it. What if they were going to kill him?

Over the loud obnoxious laughing I can hear the little sobs under Liam's arms. He looks so defeated. I couldn't just let this happen! I have to do something! Something brave and tough that they won't ever think of doing something like this ever again.

As I try to think of something I could actually do, given the fact that they were five boys with a knife, I see Harry frowning.

"Zayn, put that knife away! I know you said that you hated this kid but there is no reason to get that knife out," Harry says.

I couldn't believe it. Did Harry actually just stop Zayn from hurting the freshman even more?

"Mate, don't be my mom now," Zayn says looking at Harry, obviously shocked. This comment only made Harry more determined and upset.

"Don't call me mate when you know you were going to hurt a person beyond your limit! Put that knife away or I'm going to tell your new "girlfriend" your cheating on her!"

Oh my goodness! I wasn't surprised about Zayn cheating but Harry just threatened one of his best friends! Maybe there was a soft side to him...

"FINE!" Zayn yelled furiously. He put the knife back in his pocket and walked away stomping like a child.

"I'll see you guys later," he yelled getting out his keys trying to find his car. Once he did, he got in it, slammed the car door, and drove away probably four times the amount of the speed limit.

"Whatever, come on guys let's just go get pizza at my house," Harry said trying to take everyone's mind off of what just happened.

That seemed to take everyone's minds off of the struggling boy on the ground because they all just left him there,crying,on the ground. They hopped in his car waiting for Harry to get in.

But Harry didn't. His body freezed as I can see from afar. His face wandered around the parking lot, checking to see if anyone had witnessed anything.

He had a shocked expression when he saw me. I was too dazed off in his eyes to notice that he was walking towards me. His deep and raspy voice snapped me back into reality.

"What are you doing here?" My dream, I mean Harry, said.

"Umm I-I was j-just p-p-parking my c-car and I heard laughing and y-yelling and I s-saw this," I said nervously not knowing what to say to him.

His eyes widened and he looked back to see if his friends were watching. He took a step towards me lowering his voice.

"You saw the whole thing?" He asked.

"Um yes" I replied nervously.

He frowned and looked at me with serious and dangerous eyes.

"You are not to tell anyone what happened, do you hear me? If not YOU will be that kid on the ground there" he said threatening me while pointing at the freshman, still mortified.

There was a lump in my throat and I was holding back tears. I was too nervous to reply and I was looking down. When I looked up at him it was obvious that he was waiting for a response.

"Yes, I promise I won't tell anyone" I said sniffling a little.

I looked at him again but straight in the eyes. He didn't even look angry. In fact, he looked like regretted something. His face had a caring expression which just made my heart beat even more.

He stepped towards me and leaned his face towards mine. He was mumbling something too quiet for me to understand even though our faces were only a few inches apart. Was he going to kiss me? My thoughts were going insane.

He quickly leaned back.

"I have to go" he said not even looking at me. He ran too quickly to his car and drove away so fast that he didn't even look at me.

I was left there. My heart beating rapidly as if I just have been kissed. Then I realize something.

OH MY GOD. THE BOY IS STILL THERE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DOUBLE UPDATE!!
OMG hey guys!! Thank u soo so much for reading my story. I have gotten so much support!! PLZ keep it up and I love u all to pieces!
😍✌️ have a frantastic weekend or week depending on whenever u read it 😘✌️💖