Chapter 1

I Sail With You

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

Ocean Eyes; Billie Eilish

It all started at the party. It was a luxurious affair, orchestrated together for the fairest kings and queens across the lands. News had spread its mighty wings from one pair of lips to another – Prince Harry Styles was an Omega. In typical fashion, genders are revealed once a child hits sixteen years of age. While there are cases where it's happened earlier, no such records exist in reverse. It's never unveiled later. However, at eighteen, after two years of having thought the young Prince was a Beta, he had woken up to his first heat.

This was thrilling to those of the Styles Royal Family because it meant their son was desirable. Allegiances could be created with Alphas and Omegas, and a male Omega was even more valuable. King Styles was elated, to say the least. In honor of the news, the family thus threw a party to celebrate their good fortune.

The intentions were simply to praise the Prince's status, or so the King had said, but Harry could see it in his mother's familiar eyes that there was more to it than that. And really, the Prince was not surprised. His elder sister Gemma presented as an Alpha, and it took mere weeks before she was married to the best female Omega around. Although as with tradition, with Gemma being next in line to take the throne of England, it also meant she needed to have a partner to rule beside her and produce an heir - though she hopefully has years before that's even necessary. Still, the point remains - she was arranged with a mate as soon as their parents could shake the other king's hands.

Why would Harry be any different?

The party was extravagant, no expense too expensive, as they decorated the halls with the finest of furnishings and embellishments. Harry preferred smaller gatherings, typically with the people he's most intimate with, but this night was far from small. Everyone from everywhere was seemingly invited, including all of the eligible Alpha princes.

Hardly an hour into the party, when the Omega is hiding (or so he thought) his mother finds him standing by the drinks. As she gracefully glides into Harry's vicinity, he takes note of the way her silk, , compliments her complexion well. He imagines his sister too, is off somewhere wearing a of similar color, though fashioned with significantly less embroidery than his mother's lavish design. According to his father, it's best they all match, to appear cohesive, to appear united as a family. Harry too, was even forced into an attire that incorporated shades of green in his and jacket. While the clothing is both decadent and exquisite, and while the Omega Prince loves acquiring things of such high fashion, it's just not the same when he's given no choice in the matter.

As his mother imposes, Harry fears he's about to lose more pieces of his freedom however, than just his choice in outfit, "My darling son," she coos. "There you are! I do hope I am not interrupting, but I would like to acquaint you with a friend of mine. Her son has just presented as Alpha, and he shall be taking the throne of Italy someday - soon ."

Harry scoffs, "Just presented?"

"If you are implying what I think you are, then yes...he is sixteen."

"Mother."

"Do not use that tone with me," she quietly reprimands. After glancing around the room to see if anyone noticed their minor dispute, his mother feigns a wide grin and latches onto his forearm as they stroll, "You are to come meet him, regardless. I believe this shall be a splendid match for you."