Chapter 14

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

DANTE POV

"Sire, the ship is only a few days out from Port Royal, but may I ask – what are we doing heading to Pirate territory?"

Dante doesn't flinch at the sudden question called out to him by his bodyguard. Retaining his attention to the view before him, he watches through the window of his room at the infinite expanse of ocean scenery. The light seeping past the transparent glass brightens his tan skin, but he still appears dull in comparison to his ordinarily rich, vibrant qualities.

It's due to stress, and a lack of sleep.

"We are going to get my mate."

"Yes," the guard understands, coming to Dante's side to inquire again, "But why there of all places?"

This time, the Alpha Prince's eyes shift just enough to peer at the elder man beside him. "Because, where do pirates go when they need supplies? Hm? Port Royal is the largest city in the Caribbean, the chances that they have stopped there is high."

"True, however, do you not think they might be at least two weeks ahead of us? They probably left the port already."

"Then it serves us even better," Dante coldly replies.

"Why's that?"

"Because if they have left Port Royal, they will most likely be heading back towards the Mediterranean, which means –"

"That we'll reach them before they reach their next destination."

"Precisely," is slithered out through Dante's malicious smirk.

"And what will we do once we've come upon them, your majesty?"

"What we came to do... fight. "

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔