Chapter 3

DOUBLE UPDATE! Just so you can finally meet the infamous Captain Tommo ;)

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

Two more days into their journey is when it happens. Harry's reading a book in his favorite hiding spot, behind some barrels on the side of the deck where no one ever seems to look. They search for Harry always, and he's yet to be found. Ironically, his hiding spot today is the first place they seek out. Except, they are not the people that work for the kingdom.

They are pirates.

It begins with a crash. Harry doesn't hear the noise before the side of the boat is bombed into, and pandemonium erupts like lava from a volcano. Another, much larger ship has emerged from thin air, getting impossibly closer to their own. Before anyone has time to prepare, men are crawling onto their vessel and taking them out, one by one.

Harry's never witnessed anything so barbaric in his entire life, and it stirs a genuine fear within his bones. Sinking down further into his spot where he had been reading, he hopes it proves to be as good to him as it had been so far, but unfortunately, his luck has run out.

"Oi, who do we have here?"

There are hands on his body faster than Harry has a chance to see the person grabbing him from above. Dragging him from his location, the Prince's body scrapes against the wooden deck as he's pulled along mercilessly. He's brought to the center of the boat where the most chaos is afoot, held down by hands as he's shoved onto his knees to watch the destruction take place. This is the first time he gets to watch the true gruesomeness that it is.

Men fighting to the death as blood taints every inch of both their skin and ship.

Amongst the group, Harry finds a shorter, brunette man standing tall over his father, sword pointing directly at his neck, and the Omega doesn't realize he's even screaming until all eyes are focused on him.

Silence instantly takes reign, and Harry's not sure if that's better or worse.

When the person in front of his father adjusts his focus to the Prince, shivers cruelly cascade like the ripples atop the ocean's surface against Harry's spine. The other pirates watch in curiosity to see what this pirate will do, and so far, his first action is to smirk.

"Ay. What was that you said, darlin'?"

The scratchy cadence comes out higher than Harry predicted, and though the words are spoken loud and clear, Harry struggles in forming an answer. "What?"

The man scoffs, "What're ya, deaf?"

"No."

"Then tell me," he enunciates, "What - Did - You - Say?"

"I...I-"

Suddenly, the pirate comes barging away from his father and up into the Omega's face, so close that Harry has to lean back or else their heads would undoubtedly collide. But somehow, the movement's not what startles him the most. Because at this proximity, Harry uncovers something truly jarring. The pirate, the same one that is seconds away from killing his own father, is unfairly beautiful. Yes - up close, Harry's suddenly accosted by more than the Alpha scent drifting off the man, but also by his eyes – two glass pools more vibrant than all of the seven seas combined together. And by his face, a face deserving of even the Gods and Goddesses admiration, as it taunts the Prince with a dangerously attractive grin nestled upon itself.

Harry can hardly keep his Omega in check and has to internally reprimand himself for finding such interest in not only a pirate, but one that's trying to murder them all. Because really Harry, he thinks to himself, this is a pirate! A real bloody pirate, and you cannot allow yourself to react such a way!