Chapter 12

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

After a few more hours, Harry comes to more peaceful than the last, except for one little fact about him waking up to Will. The Alpha is emitting concern from every pore of his body, and Harry knows he's at fault for it. Why did he need to pull that stunt yesterday? Whether the captain will believe him or not, Harry's learned his lesson. He may not like it, especially as a prince that is meant to take no orders from anyone other than his father, but Harry needs to listen to the captain. The Prince has been putting his own life in danger by choosing not to.

"Oh," the Alpha says when the Omega's eyes open. "How did you sleep."

Sitting up first before he answers, Harry says, "Horribly, to be quite honest with you."

"Because of what you saw last night?"

"No," the Prince admits. "Some other stuff actually."

"I see," the captain barely lifts his eyes to glance at the Omega, and Harry only sees it as more of a reason to be further disappointed in himself.

"Why are you not at Port Royal with the crew?"

"I wanted to make sure you were alright. Niall offered to take you back but...Port Royal doesn't fascinate me like it used to. I'd rather spend the night back at the ship, so why not kill two birds with one stone? Besides, I could tell Niall wanted to stay out."

"That was very kind of you."

The Alpha appears to be over having small talk as his next sentence releases with irritation, "You could have gotten yourself killed last night, Harry. Do you realize that," he asks, burning his gaze into the Omega to emphasize how serious he is.

"I...yes. But-"

"There are no buts! I gave you an order, and you went against me! If you were my crew member I'd leave you behind without a second thought, but you're not. And it's making it incredibly difficult for me to figure out how to handle this."

"You seemed to have no trouble the first time you tried to punish me," Harry snaps.

"Yeah, except for the fact that I pushed you into an unsafe subdrop. I refuse to do that again."

"Because of Liam?"

"What does Liam have anything do with this," Will's brows furrow with confusion. "I refuse because I don't want to put you through that again. I can't explain what it was like not being able to get you out of there, and not knowing if you were going to come out alright. I never meant to push you that far, and I don't want to ever again."

The care in the captain's voice does something to Harry's heart, but the Omega doesn't want it to. Will has already made his peace about love, why would Harry allow himself to further any feelings for an Alpha that will never return it back?

"I never meant to upset you either, so you know," the Omega confides. "I mean, I obviously intended to frustrate you because you frustrated me, but...not in the ways that I actually had. I am incredibly ashamed of my behavior, and I know it is not worth much, but I am indebted to you for saving my life – twice. And I am sorry, so so sorry, for betraying you last night and going out when you told me not to. But maybe, maybe instead of demanding something of me, in the future, you could just simply ask?"

"That's all it takes?" Will wonders.

"That is all it will take."

"And you," Will returns, "Will you please listen in return, if I ask you for something? Even if it's not what you want? I just," the Alpha exhales, initially seeming to be further aggravated until light chuckles are produced from his breath, "I can't keep saving you princess, every time you get yourself into a bit of trouble. I can't always be the one to rescue you."