Chapter 4

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

Bang!

Prying his eyes open at the sound that blares through his ears, Harry awakens to the captain barging into the room. At the sudden intrusion, the Prince's heart drums wildly, daring to burst from his chest due to the startling movements the Omega's sleep-addled brain can't handle. One moment the Alpha is by the door, the next he's in front of Harry.

"I see me favorite princess has woken from her slumber."

Peering up at the figure looming above him, Harry says with annoyance, "I am not a princess."

"So you say," comes back snarkily.

"So I know," Harry argues.

The Alpha Captain grins, "Only a princess would say that," causing the Omega to scoff.

"Do you desire for me to hate you? Because you shall soon have it."

"I'm just providin' you with facts," Will laughs, getting eye level with Harry, tormenting the Prince further with the sight of such a heavenly blue. Harry's body goes against him as it falls weak.

"There are no such facts."

If Will had been considered close before, he was practically on top of the Prince now as he spoke, "Ay princess, but that's where you're wrong. Cause see, you have the flowing locks of one," the captain lists suddenly, letting his fingers lay on Harry's hair, tugging lightly at their curled ends. "And you have the attraction of one," he continues teasingly, while he watches with a ravenous gaze, as his thumb soon swipes greedily across Harry's parched lips. "And you smell like one," is lastly uttered, causing Harry's organs to flip as the Alpha comes in close to lean into the Omega's neck - either to prove his point further or to satisfy his needs.

When the distance lessens, Harry berates himself for being so affected. Why is he so affected? But he can't deny the tingling in his fingers with the temptation to touch back, and the wanting, needing, for someone he doesn't even know. This doesn't make sense. Just as Will is inches from his scent glands, however, something stops the captain in his tracks. Did Harry do something wrong?

Maybe the Omega's scent is actually bad?

There's a pained expression in the Alpha for a split second until it magically vanishes from his face, and he steps back away. Harry hadn't realized how much heat the Alpha brought with him until his departure left the Omega cold. But why does it matter? It shouldn't at all, Harry yells at his conscious. Never before has he ever had such a strong desire for an Alpha - there was one boy when Harry was younger and before genders were known, but this is more than that. Reprimanding himself for getting so caught up, the Omega bites on his bottom lip in need of something to focus on.

"Right, well. I had actually come here to say that I'm willin' to untie you," is said in a tone much different than before, stripping the room of any lingering tension left between the Alpha and Omega, as Will goes on. "Only on the condition that you don't try to attack or kill me. Am I clear?"

"Yes," Harry undoubtedly answers.

For how rough the exterior of the captain's hands appear to be, he holds Harry's wrists gently as he pulls his knife out from its hidden place inside his shoe, and cuts the rope. The Omega rubs at the parts of his skin that burn from the hours of friction but makes no other attempts to move. When it seems as though the Alpha trusts him not to attack, the man stands up, extending one of his hands for Harry to utilize in helping lift him off the ground.

"Thank you," is offered genuinely.

In return, an expression glossed in confusion builds as Will snaps, "You've been taken as a prisoner aboard my ship, I've had you tied up and locked away for hours, and yet you thank me?"