Chapter 7

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

Nighttime was when Harry finally hit his limit. He had waited it out, thought maybe someone would come check on him, to see if he's doing the least bit alright, but no. After the captain had left earlier in the afternoon, no one had been by – and quite frankly he's starved. It's well past dinner, it's well past bedtime even, but Harry is hungry and goddammit he shall eat!

Clambering out of bed, thankful to move his body after days of bedrest, Harry stretches his limbs as he starts his stroll. When he opens the door, he glances back at the whistle lying untouched on his bed, and thinks of maybe putting it to use, but chooses to not.

He was sneaking around the ship without being noticed before, he can do so successfully again.

Tiptoeing his way to the kitchens, Harry makes his way without being caught. There's a pile of pre-made bread for the morning, and the sight stirs a desperate, needy growl from his stomach. He's glad people are sleeping because the noise that protrudes is embarrassingly loud. While the stack of rolls has more than enough for the early meal, Harry only allows himself to take one piece. It will be enough to stave off his hunger until breakfast comes around, and when it does – then his gorging shall commence.

Content with the roll he's chosen, Harry makes his way back to the captain's room, when the sound of someone clearing their throat behind him, paralyzes him in his path.

"Where do ya think you're goin' there, Omega?"

It's not a familiar sound, and it scares Harry to his core. When he doesn't immediately turn around to face the stranger, the voice begins again, "Face me while I'm talkin' to you!"

Shakily, Harry twists his body. The figure before him is large, and the wretched Alpha pheromones insinuating his desire is wafting off him, choking Harry of air.

"I said...where do you think you're goin'?" The pirate asks again, enunciating every word as he does. Regardless of the clarification, Harry doesn't dare respond.

"It appears I need to teach the spoiled brat a lesson on discipline!"

He's lifting his hand to reach out and grab Harry, but a voice that the Omega does recognize keeps the man from completing his move.

"You better put your hand back by your side, or I swear I will cut it from your arm."

The threat is enough for the Alpha to hurriedly bring his hand back to his torso. Harry watches as Will emerges from the shadows with a satisfied grin plastered on his face. He doesn't spare a glimpse at the Omega as he directly stands in front of the more massive pirate. Though there are physical differences in height, Will has the other cowering to him.

"Roman, I am givin' you one chance to make the right choice and return back to your bunk, or I'll be sure to do away with you as I see fit. And I really, am not in a good mood tonight."

"Yes, captain. I'm leavin', won't happen again."

"If it does, you will be sorry."

The man literally runs as fast as he can back to wherever he had come. Harry would cheer for Will's rescue if the furious eyes that had been directed elsewhere previously, weren't currently refocused on Harry. And the Omega knows, he knows very well, that he's going to be next in line to receive his corporal punishment.

"And you, darlin'. Either my whistle no longer works, or you have completely disregarded everything I said," he says with a mocking tone, as he tilts his head to the side. Watching Harry quiver beneath his demeaning gaze, he presses, "Which is it? Hm?"