Chapter 6

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

Harry doesn't know what he hears first, hours later when he's lying in bed - the sound of the door slamming or the captain's raspy voice screaming at him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Completely surprised by the onslaught of a yelling Alpha marching up to him, Harry's Omega whines. What had he done wrong?

"I...I do not know-"

Will barks out, "Oh don't give me that bullshit! You acted as if this was one huge sacrifice to you, but you wanted to be on this ship, didn't you? A pretty, little, unmated Omega going around and gettin' a knot from whichever bad pirate they can next? Admit it!"

"No! Where would you get an idea like that," Harry attempts to defend himself.

"My crew, princess, does not lie to me. And I have multiple witnesses saying that you were with Liam earlier today, and one witness who claims to have seen more than platonic relations between the two of you. So admit it...you ran off somewhere so you can take his big knot, didn't you?"

"No, that is not what happened."

The captain gets closer, eyes blazing with fury as the blue is shadowed over by a red haze. "I don't believe you, and due to your actions, I am forced to administer your punishment."

Harry's stomach lurches. His Omega feels the weight of having done something bad, but the horrible idea of being so bad that he deserves a punishment too? It's too much. The captain reaches to grab Harry and turn him over on his stomach, and Harry knows it well enough that's he's to be spanked for his behavior. But before he feels the first hit, before he can hear what Will is saying to him, his Omega drops him down into subspace, escaping the stressful situation by dipping low into his subconscious. Taking him away from everything for a while.

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

When Harry comes to, it's Niall that's beside him. He appears exhausted and solemn as he sits beside Harry until he realizes the Omega's eyes have opened.

"Harry!"

"Ni," Harry coughs, "What? What happened?"

Niall immediately shoves a cup of water into Harry's face, and as he drinks, answers the question.

"A loaded question, that is."

Harry just stares, and Niall eventually sighs his defeat, "Alright well, Will really went off on you. The whole ship heard it, and we also heard him freak out when you subdropped. Came running out of his room looking for someone that could help him get you out of it, and I mean...some of the mated Alphas tried their best, but it wasn't working. Anyway, when Liam heard what Will had been mad about, he completely went off. 've never seen him react like that, especially not to Will. Those two are best friends, and Liam's never ever freaked out on him, but he did. Punched Will in the eye for not asking him first, and for the state he left you in."

Harry's eyes widen with shock at the notion of Liam punching the captain in honor of him?

"Yeah," Niall continues. "Wild. After that Will asked me to watch you as he went to punish whoever had lied to him in the first place. Turns out it was Marvin, who's an awful bugger anyway. Guess he didn't like you taking up the captain's attention. Fuckin' cunt, he is."

"What happened to him?"

"The same thing that happens to anyone not looking out for their crew and Will, they walk the plank."

Sputtering around his drink, Harry says, "But...but."

"Look, it's not just about you. This crew? It's a family, and if you don't have your families best interest at heart, then you don't belong. We may do awful things to people who deserve it, but we respect and stand up for each other. We have each other's backs, and if one person is playin' against that, they're gone."