Chapter 15

I hope you all this chapter as much as I think you will!

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

"Is it even a hiding place if I am not hiding anymore," Harry asks Liam as they're located in their usual spot. Grey expands above them as it stretches it's clouds to each end of the world, or at least, each end of Harry's world. It's not raining thankfully, but the lack of sun dampens everyone's mood regardless. Even in Harry's hideout with Liam, his favorite spot aboard the dagger, he still can't find it in himself to be happy. Not entirely.

"I'm not sure what you mean, Harry."

"Never mind," the Omega says. "Hey, where are we heading to by the way? I never thought to ask since we left the last port."

"We're on our way to Spain, Will has some business with a person over there."

"Ah, I have never been to Spain."

"It's pretty nice," Liam supplies.

"It must be hard being fairly close to home and not being able to stop."

"How did you -"

"I know, Liam."

Brown eyes pierce into Harry until they surrender their defenses, "He told you?"

"Essentially. You know, I knew Louis when we were younger. Really well actually."

Hearing Harry say the name Louis, startles the Alpha visibly. Harry technically didn't have to say it, but this way - this way Liam knows without a doubt that the Omega is informed about everything.

"Yeah," Liam says, "He had mentioned being acquainted with the royal family of England when I brought him back home with me. I was never aware as to the extent though, he didn't discuss much about his family after the incident, and I was only with the royal guard for a year at that point. If the rebellion had never happened, you and I would have probably met back then."

"Is that not a strange thought to think? A lot would be different if that never happened."

The Alpha nods, "Everything would be different."

Maybe Harry would have been married to Louis by now? Off living in their cottage, escaping from the world as they lived amongst the flowers and the trees, watching beautiful butterflies pass by all day. Or maybe Harry would have been arranged to mate with Louis, and the two princes wouldn't have had to run off? Getting to display their love for all within their kingdoms to see. Or maybe...maybe they wouldn't have been together at all? Harry arranged to Dante and Louis arranged to someone else, never getting a chance for Will Tommo to use his pirate ship to keep Harry from reaching the Italian shores.

Imagine that?

Besides the Prince, Liam stands from the ground where he had been lounging, and stares at the Omega, "It doesn't do us any good to dwell on that, however."

"No, it does not," Harry admits, though it doesn't help him from overthinking. Though it doesn't stop him from taking every path his riddled mind takes him too. What if this? What if that? A million questions pass similarly into the next hour, the Alpha long gone and the Omega no better off than he was before. Liam was certainly right in his assertion, it's not doing him any good to dwell. Coming to the conclusion that Harry will never know all the "what could have beens," the Prince lifts himself up to leave.

It's probably for the best that he doesn't know anyway, it wouldn't change the way things are now.

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔