Chapter 13

HERE WE GO!

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

Observing for two days, Harry has the captain's schedule memorized to mind. It appears that the Alpha stops back in for an afternoon nap, and once he leaves, he doesn't return till dinner. Thus, after the nap – or whatever he does when he's in for a while - is the exact moment Harry has chosen as his time to go in.

In the two days that have past, Niall has been reassuring Harry that it's not so bad, but Will has been smiling and greeting Harry so kindly, it's been ebbing away at him with guilt. The pleasantness has been startling to Harry's system, and his Omega had been gladly preening under the treatment – the traitor.

"Good afternoon Gabe, how's the ship," Will asks as he comes out of his office, talking immediately with a person who's passing by. They walk together down towards the lower deck, and Harry doesn't waste a second as he races inside while the coast is clear.

The office is much like the captain's quarters in design. It's a mess, things all over the place it seems, but in the middle, there's a large oak desk that sits in front of a massive window. The view is the best Harry's seen, other than standing on the deck itself and looking out. Scanning around, Harry identifies the cot Will has been sleeping on these past couple of weeks, and Harry saddens at the sight. In comparison to the massive mattress the Omega has taken over, Will has been resting on a small piece of fabric. Harry is tempted to offer for them both to sleep in Will's bed, but -

Back to the task, the Prince snaps at himself before he gets more distracted.

Sneakily heading over to the desk, Harry moves around papers trying to find anything with a dog on it. This is by far the strangest request he's ever been given in his entire life, but he doesn't want to let Niall down. Pushing aside piles on the desk, he comes to nothing, so he pulls the draws open to further his search in there.

After five more minutes of going through each drawer, reading over every parchment, Harry comes to the last and final drawer wondering if Niall knows what he's talking about. But Harry wants to be thorough, and he's going to look through every single thing before he admits defeat. When he goes to pull the handle, it doesn't immediately open. It's as though it's stuck, but with a little extra strength, Harry eventually pries it apart.

At the top of the pile, Harry does not find a dog – but the name that stands out to him stops him in his tracks.

Louis William Tomlinson

Grabbing the paper, Harry inhales a gasp, seeing that it's a birth certificate. Why would Will have this? Was he the one that killed the Tomlinsons? Harry knows the family, in fact, he has met Louis multiple times throughout his childhood. Harry would go as far to say that they were the closest of friends. Possibly even closer.

Louis William Tomlinson was a prince, and his family was the Royal Family of France.

Seeing his name again, it stirs a million emotions inside of Harry, and he can't fight the tears that fall due to the overwhelmingness of it all. However, the Omega doesn't have a chance for a good cry, when the door to the office widens suddenly, and Will is gaping at Harry on the floor with documents strewn about him everywhere.

"What," Will says quietly, "Have you done?"

Harry doesn't care anymore, if Will took Louis' life it would change so many things for him. "How do you know," Harry shakily starts, "How do you know Louis Tomlinson?"

As soon as the name leaves Harry's mouth, the captain sinks down to his knees and cries. It's not the reaction Harry had been expecting. Rage? Sure. Anger? Absolutely. But sadness? Not even close.