Chapter 49

Drake

"Penn! Jax! Answer the door!"

I yell at the top of my lungs and continue my assault on their front door. I've been pounding at this door for like five whole minutes, why the fuck haven't they answered yet!?

"Drake!" Jax squeaks as my fist almost collides with her face. She hauled the door open so quick. And I'm being erratic. I know I am, but I need to be.

"Where is he?" I demand, walking around her and storming across the foyer of their house. "Penn! Get down here!"

"Drake, stop!" Jax whisper-shouts from behind me. I ignore her. This needs to happen. Now.

"Penn!" I yell as Jax grabs my wrist. I plant my feet and turn back to face her. Her lilac eyes are wild and she's shaking her head.

"He's in the basement hitting his punching bag, he has his headphones on." She says quietly. "He can't hear you. Come, talk to me."

He's hitting his punching bag? I'm sure my face will replace it in a moment.

"Nah, J. I need to talk to him. Right now." I say firmly, pulling myself free from her grasp and making my way towards the garage stairs. Basement door's in there, so that's where I'm going.

"Drake Daniels, you listen to me right now!" Jax whisper-yells again, with much more conviction this time. I look over my shoulder at her, pausing my movements.

"You've seen the video?" I cut to the point. She nods her head quickly, sweeping across the foyer and taking me by the hand.

"I have, come with me and we'll talk about it." She tugs me back towards the front door and I hesitate, torn. I need to talk to Penn as soon as possible. The longer I leave this, the worse it'll be.

I reluctantly follow Jax back out on to the front porch, glowering all the while. She closes the door behind us and ushers me towards the side of the house. She sits down on a garden sofa and gestures for me to take the seat next to her, but I remain fucking standing. This is gonna be a quick chat. Penn is my priority.

"He doesn't know, he hasn't seen it." Jax rushes out when she realises I'm not about to sit.

But - shit. He hasn't seen the video? How in the holy fuck is that possible?

"What?" I ask stupidly, needing her to explain. She does.

"He can't access NBU Social anymore and he's been in the house with me all morning since we drove back from Baltimore. I saw the video when I checked NBU Social in the car. Penn was driving so he didn't notice my shock. Well, that's a lie, he did. But I made up some story about one of my mom's rival designers debuting a botched sundress on the runway in France -"

"Stick to what's important, J." I interrupt her. This really isn't the time for her side-stories.

"Right, sorry." She shakes her head. "Anyway, Penn has no clue. I did major damage control in the car, I texted everyone in his life and told them not to mention this to him. Under no circumstances will this get back to him. Not today at least. He deserves to hear about this from you and Shay, no one else."

I open my mouth, gawking at her. Is she for real? She actually thinks she can keep this from him!?

"Jax, everyone has seen that video! Everyone at NBU, all our friends. Somebody is gonna tell him! Chord, Scar?! They're gonna be just as fucking mind blown as he'll be. And... you."

I freeze, widening my eyes on her and realising how cool she's being about this. This is brand new information to Jax, same as all the others. How is she so calm? Calm enough to do damage control? What the fuck!?