Chapter 51

Drake

I close my eyes, head resting back on the sofa cushion behind me. I'm going bat shit crazy in my own head right now, and the people in my house aren't helping my mood. Not at all. 

"She hasn't replied to me." Brent says, helpful as ever. "I'm picking up her shifts at Café Rose over the next couple days though."

"That's really nice of you, Brent." Maya replies, reminding me that the two of them are semi-friendly now, even though she's officially slipped into Izaak's girlfriend category. Can't believe Zak of all people has a girlfriend now. 

Thought I'd be in the same boat today. 

I should have been. 

"Has anyone talked to her since this morning?" Dash pipes up. 

"No, she's dodging us all. And who could blame her?" Ryan replies, then my friends all go quiet. I know why. I know they're all looking at me, waiting for me to try and clear this fucking mess up and explain myself. Since they got here, there's obviously been only one question on all my friends (the ones that can stand to be in my presence today, that is. No sign of Jax...) lips:

Why the fuck did you do this, Drake?!?

It's a question I'm struggling to answer, because I didn't fucking do it. And I can't tell a fucking soul. 

"You know I wasn't Shay's biggest fan before. But I'm having a hard time understanding this." Scar says softly, and I open my eyes to find her parking her ass next to me on the couch. The others - Dash, Ryan, Lyra, Tristan, Brent, Maya and Chord - surround us on the other sofas. Scar's the first one that's gotten this close to me. They're all fucking disgusted with me, of course, but she seems to be in some kinda majorly empathetic place right now. She dropped her Radium Room charges yesterday and everything, girl's definitely in some kinda funk. 

"Aren't we all." Dash bites out, glaring at me from the corner of his eye. Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm the bad guy in this because everybody loves Shay now. My-fucking-self included.

"Just tell us exactly what happened?" Chord contributes, frowning at me. Of everyone in this room you'd think the former party-boy billionaire rock star baby would maybe be a little understanding. I'm sure it's not the first time Chord's witnessed a sex tape scandal, and back in the day he probably laughed it off and high-fived whatever douche bag friend of his was performing in front of the camera. But not now. Chord's grown, and he finds this just as uncool as everybody else does. 

"I..." I trail off, shaking my head, having no fucking clue what to say to keep them from thinking I'm total scum. "I don't know. I didn't mean for this to happen."

"But it did." Brent points out. "And you can't try to brush this off as an accident. No way in hell could you have accidentally uploaded the video to NBU Social, and no way in hell did you accidentally hide your phone and hit record before Shay stepped foot in your hotel room. The hell were you thinking, man?"

"I wasn't, okay?" I snap, lifting my head to look around at the sea of judgmental eyes in front of me. I get to my feet, needing to get away from them. The endless questions and the completely warranted confusion is starting to piss me off, because nothing I say can make this better. Nothing I say to them, besides the truth, will make any sense. 

So I'm best to just not say anything. 

"Drake, you can't avoid this forever!" Dash calls out as I stalk out of the living room, through the foyer and out the front door. I need to clear my head. I need to drive.