Chapter 35

Drake

Mom @ The Daniels Family, 18:47pm: Why don't we have flight confirmation yet, Drake?

Preston @ The Daniels Family, 18:47pm: Yeah, Drake. Booked those tickets yet? For you and your giirrlllfrieeeend

Orson @ The Daniels Family, 18:48pm: Real mature, P. 

Dad @ The Daniels Family, 18:50pm: Drake - your mother says to tell you we'll cut you off if you don't come. Make the right choice here, son. Book the flights.

Mom @ The Daniels Family, 18:49pm: And you are bringing Shay. No excuses.

What!? I'm gonna kill Tristan. The only thing keeping me going is imagining all the ways I could do it .

Wayne @ Daniels Brothers, 19:02pm: Anybody gonna reply RE dads threat in the family group chat? Drake? Anyone?

Kirk @ Daniels Brothers, 19:02pm: Not it.

Marcel @ Daniels Brothers, 19:03pm: Obviously Drake's the one that needs to reply. Otherwise he'll need to get himself a part-time job. IMAGINE. THE HORROR!

Orson @ Daniels Brothers, 19:05pm: Drake just book the fuckin flights. You ain't been home in time, it's one weekend. Just man the fuck up and come home.

Preston @ Daniels Brothers, 19:07pm: Tiffany is dying to meet Shay. I am too. Come on, Drake. Tell us what we wanna hear.

Seriously. Tristan is a fucking dead man walking. Next time I see him, I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

And as if the good lord can hear my thoughts, the sitting room door opens, and who walks in?

"Sup, Drizzy?" Tristan jumps over the back of the nearest sofa, laying on it with his hands linked around the back of his head when he lands.

"Don't Drizzy me." I hiss, waving my phone at him. "My parents are now threatening to cut me off if I don't go home over Valentine's!"

"Shit, for real?" He actually seems shocked. I flex my jaw and crack my knuckles around my phone.

"Yes for real! All because of you!" I get to my feet and storm towards him, leering down like I'm gonna hit him. He flinches, backing himself into the sofa cushions. I purse my lips and turn away at the last moment, because I know his fucking heart was in the right place with this shit. He just doesn't realise what he's done, and it wasn't his place to tell my mom that shit!

"Mom wants me to bring Shay home. Over fucking Valentine's weekend, which also happens to be my parents' wedding anniversary." I turn away from him, pacing the floor as I talk. "Thirty-two years my parents have been married, and there's nothing more important to them. Love, family, lasting commitments, they're all about that shit, this is major. My mom was pissed with me for staying here over Christmas, if I miss their wedding anniversary too this year she might just disown me."

"Fuck, dude." Tristan sits up slowly, the weight of what he's done finally starting to sink in with him. I continue my pacing. "Well, this isn't so bad. Just go home, spend the weekend with your folks, tell them your girlfriend couldn't come. She can't just drop everything and fly out to Atlanta. Tell them she has work commitments or something."

"Not gonna fly." I grit out. "If I show up without Shay, mom will never forgive me."

"Christ, I knew your folks gave you crap about being single but this is pretty weird, dude."