Author's Note

Thanks so much for reading Drake!

I hope you enjoyed him and Shay's story and hope you liked their ending!

It's not over for them, though. Not by a long shot. They will of course return in my next book Axel.

I wanna take this opportunity to thank anybody reading this for sticking around. This series has been years in the making, and it's taking me a long ass time to get it down. I also wanna apologise for the months and months of inactivity from me around the middle of Drake. Being pregnant and becoming a new mom is no picnic, I'm sure anyone with a kid can appreciate how exhausting and time consuming the whole thing is, so finding the free time and energy to write has been difficult for me over the past year. BUT, we're here now. I feel much more like myself these days, and I'm hopeful I'll be able to publish Axel chapters on a much more regular basis. So, again, thanks for sticking it out. YOU ROCK. 

Anyway, in classic me fashion, I wanna end Drake with the blurb for Axel, so please see below for that. It is beyond cryptic, because I just don't want to give a damn thing away about this book :) sorry! I know I usually give some snippets of what's to come in the next book, maybe a preview, etc. But I'm not doing it here. I think if you've come this far and you're interested in Axel and Maya's story, then crack on! If not, too bad. All I'm gonna say is - this is the one I've been waiting for, I think Axel's character is gonna surprise you, and there's gonna be far more smut in this one ;)

Besides that, just a quick note to remind you that Axel is the fourth book in the Thornton Boys series, after his book there's only one more! The title of book five will be revealed in due course :)

So yeah, that's it from me for now. Thanks again for reading Drake. See you in Axel. 

Axel

Axel 

Dear Rosie,
           I don't think you'll ever fully comprehend just how much your letters mean to me; how they've gotten me through the past ten months, how they've practically consumed my thoughts during my time inside. And as far as you know, I'm gonna be locked up for a long time. You have no idea I'm about to walk free, and it's gonna stay that way, because I want to keep writing you. Continued communication upon liberation isn't how this scheme works, so, I'm taking things into my own hands. My ink free hands. Oh, Rosie, there's so much you don't know. Yet, I feel like you know me better than anyone. I've been coasting through life without an anchor for too long now, and fuck if I can explain it, but it feels like you've substituted my old anchor. There's something new, yet oddly familiar, about our correspondence. And no matter where life takes me now, I'm keeping this. I'm keeping you. 
           Your average Joe.

Maya

Dear Joe,
           It isn't normal how much I look forward to your letters. You could be a serial killer for all I know, and still, it feels like no one gets me the way you do. See what I mean? Not normal. How could I possibly value the thoughts and opinions of some unknown felon more than those of my closest friends and my family? You've certainly wormed your way deep into my thoughts, and the crazy thing is, I wouldn't change that for the world. It sometimes feels like you've replaced something, or someone, that I've been missing since I was fifteen. I try not to think about him, but as of right now, I can no longer ignore his existence. He's about to storm into my life and there's not a god damn thing I can do to stop it. But I'm sure as hell gonna try. And when life gets me down, I have you, Joe. What else do I need to keep me sane?
           Yours, Rosie. 

______

Princesses don't end up with thieves, and thieves don't deserve princesses. Read any old children's fairy tale, they all end the same; the princess marries the prince and they live happily ever after. The thief is forgotten, as he should be. He's nothing more than a plot twist, a forgettable bad guy complicating an otherwise perfect love story. ...Right?

So what happens when the thief realises he's still what the princess needs, he just isn't who she thinks he is? What happens when you forget what you learned in the fairy tales and decide to trust your heart with what it truly wants, rather than what it thinks it's supposed to want?

Axel's getting out of jail, and he wants nothing to do with Maya fucking Phillips. But she's too close to the people he wronged; she's too god damn involved to be ignored. And when Axel discovers that Maya is, in fact, his beloved prisoner pen-pal; he decides he no longer wants to ignore her.

Maya's been in her own personal jail, inside her head, for almost five years now. Ever since he left her. He's back now, but he's not the same person she once knew; he's reckless, dangerous, lawless, despicable. She could never feel for him now, how she did when they were kids. But when someone close to both Maya and Axel goes missing, she's forced to put her feelings - old and new - to one side and come together with her old flame, for the greater good. That is, you know, if he's even capable of anything good. Only time will tell, but someone's life is on the line, and time happens to be running the fuck out. 

** This is the FOURTH book in a five-book series. Please don't waste your time reading this if you haven't read the first three already :) ** 

~~~  

~ The Thornton Boys Series ~

Book One: Chord

Book Two: Penn

Book Three: Drake

Book Four: Axel

Book Five: TBA (will be announced during Axel)