I

"Calm down, will you? I don't need vampire hearing to know that your dead heart is beating irregularly fast." 

"I'm sorry, my love. But can you blame me? It's bloody creepy in here."

"It's a doctor's office, Bex." Nina sighed, rubbing her eyes. "Besides, it's not like you're the one getting a syringe stuck up your private area."

After two years, the couple finally decided it was time to start the baby making process. They had gone with Rebekah's plan of Nina carrying their child first; then the former taking the cure after a year or so.

After many exhausting visits, which were only painful because of Rebekah's nonstop questioning, they were finally ready. From a very long list of candidates, Nina and Rebekah had chosen an anonymous sperm donor that fit every criteria they were looking for.

At first, Nina was admittedly a bit scared. She had called Freya and Keelin countless times about the whole process, seeing as they had gone through it themselves years before. With each assuring word, the human was feeling better about it, but one thing would always haunt her.

Although she would be gaining a life, it was possible she would be losing one as well. There was a fifty-fifty chance the cure would speed up incredibly fast and kill Rebekah within hours after consuming it. No one knew exactly what would happen, not even a woman named Caroline, whom was the caretaker until Rebekah claimed ownership.

Nina knew this was a positive thing, but the fear of not having Rebekah in her life completely overshadowed the good.

As if she could read her thoughts, Rebekah inhaled, reaching over to grab onto Nina's hands.

"I know you're scared, but everything will be okay. You know I'm here for you, no matter what happens."

Not finding the courage to verbally respond, the dark haired woman nodded her head and flashed a weak smile.

Thankfully, she was saved from more conversation once the doctor entered the room.

"Nina Brandis-Mikaelson! We're ready when you are."

✵ ✵ ✵

"Did it hurt? Are you okay? Should I get you tea? Wait, maybe the sperm doesn't like tea and won't mate with your eggs."

"Mate with my eggs?" Nina mumbled, sliding into the passengers seat. "It was painless, Rebekah. I'm perfectly fine."

"I'm just making sure! You can never be too cautious."

"Please don't tell me the next nine months are going to be like this."

Rebekah shrugged innocently.

Nina groaned.

"Don't be so bitter! I won't be a total wanker, just a loving wife who wants her unborn baby to be safe." 

"Mhm. And you won't control everything I eat or do?"

The blonde scoffed, "Love, do you really think I'd do that?"

"You just said I probably shouldn't have tea incase the sperm doesn't like it!"

"Maybe he doesn't! I'm not going to judge the sperms drinking habits!"

"You're crazy."

"Crazy in love." Rebekah grinned, taking one hand off the wheel and enlacing it with Nina's.

"That was so cheesy. Please never do that again."

"No promises."

It took twenty minutes of Nina constantly telling Rebekah she felt fine before the two reached their home. As soon as the front door was opened, the sound of footsteps running towards the door appeared.

Along with their other dog, Lexie, the married couple decided on adding another addition to their small family a year ago. Nik, the male beagle, was named by Freya and Keelin's son. They were visiting when they adopted him and Nik suggested, more like insisted, that it would be his name. At first, Nina thought it was only a tad bit weird that their dog was not only named after their nephew, but Rebekah's late brother. However, after the blonde said she thought it was a wonderful idea, Nina dropped it.

"Here are my firstborns! Come here, my children!" Nina beamed, dropping to the floor so she could eagerly pet her two companions.

Knowing she had approximately ten minutes before her wife stopped playing with the dogs, Rebekah carefully stepped around the trio and made her way towards the study room.

Inside held a grand piano, which neither knew how to play but were trying their best to learn, an archery corner that included all of Nina's equipment, and a bunch of other random items. However, there was one thing in particular that Rebekah came for.

Walking up to a painting her brother Klaus had painted years ago, a sad smile formed on her face.

"There's so much going on and I just can't help but think how much I wish you were here. I know Hope misses you too, Hayley as well. We all do." Rebekah sighed, wiping a stray tear. "I hate how bloody selfless you and Elijah were for doing that. There must've been some other way. Some way that kept us all together. You deserve to be with your daughter and to meet my future child."

Clearing her throat after a few seconds, the original adjusted her stance and held her head up high. "Nevertheless, I know that you're gone and there's no way to change that. I'm still here and I'll live for you and Elijah, for however long that will be. Always and forever, my brothers."

Turning on her heel, Rebekah walked towards the room in which Nina was certain to be in. Sure enough, there she was.

"There you are! I'm using the fact that I'm carrying our child to defend my argument that I will be picking every single movie for the next nine months."

Rolling her eyes with a small grin, Rebekah plopped down onto the couch next to Nina.

Yes, she missed her brothers dearly, but she was right where she needed to be.

We're on part two!!!!!!

Honestly, I wasn't planing to start until a few more chapters but I ran out of ideas on what to do so I just started it now. In the future I might add some filler chapters in part one but as of now, it's time for a new chapter in their lives to begin :)

Also, I'm not sure if I'll be adding gifs at the beginning of each chapter. Maybe I'll come back and add them (if I do then ignore this lol) but if any of you noticed that I didn't have one this chapter, that's why!

Hope everyone is doing well and if you ever need anything, my messages are open!