III

Nina Brandis placed her black sunglasses on her face, letting them sit on the top of her nose

This was the first time the Switzerland woman had stepped foot in the United States. She had wished it could've been under more positive circumstances, but finding out where Rebekah had gone was the humans number one priority.

After sitting in a cab for almost thirty minutes, Nina finally reached the Mikaelson compound.

No one had told he human what their address was. However, with a little stalking and some slightly illegal hacking, Nina had found the household.

The dark haired woman knocked on the gate. After waiting two minutes and knocking again, she sighed and decided to try and call other people in Rebekah's contacts.

When none of her siblings answered, Nina had gotten suspicious. Why would everyone but the Mikaelson siblings be answering the calls. Were they in some kind of danger?

Of course, with no knowledge of the supernatural world, Nina immediately thought they were kidnapped by a gang and waiting to be sold off. The human couldn't deny that they were all good looking people. How was she supposed to know that the child of Klaus and Hayley was keeping them all in some magical chamber?

The dark haired woman walked down the streets of the French Quarter, walking past people who seemed to be having the time of their life. Unfortunately, Nina couldn't have fun and drink the day away while her roommate and best friend was missing.

The human found herself standing in front of St. Anne's Church, almost as if her feet were guiding her there.

Nina opened the door, her breath getting cut short in her throat at the sight in front of her.

In a circle laid Rebekah, Klaus, Kol, Elijah, and a man who was unknown to her.

"Who are you? Get out of here!" A teenager frantically yelled, starting to walk over to the human.

"Who am I? Who are you! What are you doing with Rebekah."

The teen took in a deep breath, glancing down at Rebekah then back up to the human.

"You must be Nina. I'm Hope."

"Hope? As in Klaus' daughter?" Nina asked, resulting in Hope nodding. "That still doesn't explain what you're doing to them."

"Look, I-"

Unfortunately, Hope was cut off by a loud gasp, signaling one of the siblings had woken up.

The teen quickly disappeared, not wanting to be lectured by her family. However, Nina watched as Hope used her magic to disappear, causing her to be more confused than ever.

"I'm assuming by pictures my sister sends you're Nina." The man, who the human recognized as Kol, spoke.

"Yeah, I am. What just happened? Are you guys okay?"

"Yes, darling. We're fine. Nothing our vampire senses can't handle."

"I'm sorry." The woman laughed. "Vampire?"

"Rebekah did tell you, right?"

"Tell me what?"

"Oh god, Bex. What have you done to yourself." Kol muttered, rubbing his hand over his face.

Before Kol could explain any farther, Rebekah and Marcel woke from their unconscious state.

"Oh, thank god. You're okay." Nina smiled, rushing over to hug her blonde roommate.

"Nina? What are you doing in New Orleans?" Rebekah spoke once they split up from the hug.

"I could ask you the same thing. One second you're here and the next you're gone. I thought you just left me."

"I would never leave without you, Nins."

The dark haired woman smiled again, but turned around once there was another two gasps.

Klaus stood up first, slowly making his way over to his siblings. While Elijah, on the other hand, seemed as if he was slowly dying as he limped over to the pew. He let out a cry, confusing Nina since she had no idea he was currently being flooded by memories of not only his family, but the woman he fell in love with.

"Let me take you back to the house." Rebekah gulped, hating to see her brother in a state like this.

I edited the original scene a little bit <33