XVI

The married couple spent the night at their old apartment, not wanting to be around for when their new house was undergoing repairs

The married couple spent the night at their old apartment, not wanting to be around for when their new house was undergoing repairs. Mutually agreeing that they hated the floors, Nina called a local carpenter company and their house would be good as new soon.

Rubbing her eyes, the human got out of bed, walking into the bathroom. While brushing her teeth, the woman rolled her eyes, noticing the toothpaste smeared on the counter.

"Rebekah! When you finish brushing your teeth can you at least clean up after yourself?"

"What are you talking about?" The blonde vampire spoke, walking into the bathroom. "That wasn't me."

"Well, it wasn't me."

"It was actually me, sorry about that ladies!" A voice interrupted, causing for Nina to let out a surprised scream and Rebekah to let out her fangs.

"Oh my gosh, Nathaniel. What are you doing here!" Nina confusedly asked, walking over to the man.

"I was getting bored traveling alone so I thought I'd stop by and visit. You two were sleeping when I came so I just thought it was best to use the guest room then surprise you when you awoke."

"Well, you certainly surprised us." Rebekah mumbled, cleaning up the mess.

Clearing her throat, the dark haired woman smiled, taking Nathaniel's arm and lead him out of the bathroom. "Let's go to the kitchen, I'll make breakfast while we catch up."

✵ ✵ ✵

"You're telling me that you've traveled everywhere but have yet to find someone you're interested in? How is that possible?" Rebekah questioned, popping a ripped piece of a croissant into her mouth.

"Well, there have been women interested in me, if you know what I mean." The vampire cockily spoke, Nina letting out a small giggle at his response while the original simply rolled her eyes. "There was this one person. I met her in Los Angeles, but I doubt anything will happen. She's far too good for me. Plus, she's a human."

"But Rebekah and I-"

"-Anyways, enough about that." Nathaniel cut off, taking a sip from his coffee mug. "Are you two moving again? When I stopped by your house there were so many people hauling around boxes."

"No, Nathaniel, we're getting new floors. However, Nina and I going back tonight so unfortunately it seems like your stay won't last long." The blonde spoke, sarcasm dripping off her words.

"Or, a great idea, I could stay a bit longer! I'm sure you have an extra room at your fancy house you can lend me."

"No."

"Of course!" Nina enthusiastically responded, yet her attitude dropping as she noticed Rebekah quickly turn her head and glare.

"Fantastic! I can't believe I ever wanted to kill you and your family." The vampire laughed, standing up from his seat and patted the originals arm as he walked past.

As Rebekah went to open her mouth, Nina quickly put her finger over her lips, waiting until Nathaniel was out of the room before removing it.

"Why did you do that? He literally has vampire hearing he can listen in if he wants to."

"Whatever! Look, he may be a bit much but he has nothing to do right now. By nothing, I really mean nothing. He devoted his life to ruining your family and now that he stopped, he doesn't know what to do. The least we can do is let him stay with us for a couple days. After that, we move on with our lives."

"What the bloody hell do you mean by 'least we can do'! You just said that he devoted his life to trying to kill my family, he should be the one begging for mercy." Rebekah argued, following Nina into the kitchen as she cleaned the dishes. "I don't know if you forgot but he practically controlled everything you did at one point! I don't know how you can forgive him so easily."

"So we're going to ignore all the awful things you've done in your life?" The human scoffed, taking a deep breath before continuing in a softer tone. "Look, what happened is in the past. And that's where I'm trying to keep it. I just wanna move on and spend the rest of my life happy, with you."

"We can do that, starting today by telling him he's not allowed to stay at our house!"

Nina sighed, watching as her wife stormed into their bedroom.

✵ ✵ ✵

"Thank you, Luisa. I owe you!" The woman smiled, taking the leash from her friend and walking out of the building.

Nina had planned on bringing her dog, Lexie, back to the apartment for the night while they worked on the house. Rebekah, however, complained about wanting one night away from the dog and asked Luisa to take care of her for the night.

Mentally reminding herself to buy her friend a gift for all the times she'd dog sat, Nina walked down the streets. She was alone while Rebekah and Nathaniel went to the bar. At first, the human was hesitant. The blonde didn't seem too distasteful to the idea of killing the other, but with much reassurance from the male, the two left.

Unlocking the apartment door, the human walked in, taking off her dogs leash as she kicked the door closed behind her. As Nina walked into the living room, she let out a surprise yelp at the sight in-front of her. Rebekah and Nathaniel were sitting on the couch drinking out of wine glasses; a blood bag on the table. It wasn't even the blood that threw the woman off, it was the fact that they were laughing. Not arguing or even trying to kill each other, just simply conversing.

"Look who's back!" Nathaniel smiled, raising his glass as he looked over at the stunned human.

"I thought you two were at the bar?"

"We were until two minutes in your wife complained about 'how boring it was' and 'she'd rather be anywhere else' so, naturally, I thought some blood might cheer her up!"

"I take back what I said earlier, Nins, Nathaniel can stay with us. I find him much more tolerable now." Rebekah grinned, taking a sip from her glass.

Nina wearily nodded, wondering if somehow Nathaniel had found a way to compel the blonde. Shaking her thoughts, the dark haired woman smiled back, "I'm glad you changed your mind! I'm going to go finish gathering our things and we can head over later."

"If you need me, call me." The original spoke, watching as Nina went into their bedroom, "Love you!"

I wasn't really sure how to end this chapter but this is part one of Nathaniel staying with them :)

Also, did anyone catch the Lucifer reference??

I hope you all have been doing well and I'm sorry I haven't updated in so so long. I'm going to be more active now!