VII

MONTH 6 OF PREGNANCY

OCTOBER 31, 2028

"Boo!"

Rebekah shot Nina a strange look through the mirror, continuing to brush her teeth.

Nina pouted, shuffling past her wife to sit on the toilet lid. "I have to go into work for a couple of hours to finish a few things. Please remember to buy the candy; it's super important!"

"I will, darling."

"And your costume too!"

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "I already told you I'm not dressing up."

"I thought the saying went, 'Happy Wife Happy Life'?"

"Go away," Rebekah groaned, grabbing a dirty cloth from the counter and throwing it at Nathaniel's head.

Much to the blondes dismay, Nathaniel was spending a couple of days with them. He was having love life problems again and wanted Nina to act as his therapist.

"Hey, if I have to dress up and hand out candy to the little gremlins, then you do too."

"Get a hotel room."

"Can you two not kill each other while I'm at work?" Nina sighed, getting up from her seated position and walking past both of them.

✵ ✵ ✵

"What the bloody hell are you supposed to be?"

"I'm a pirate," Nathaniel raised an eyebrow, "What are you?"

Rebekah opened her mouth then closed it. After a few seconds of observing her outfit, Nathaniel threw his head back and let out a loud laugh.

"No way; there's no actual way."

"Shut your mouth," Rebekah rolled her eyes and walked past him, carrying the bowl of candy.

The original vampire was wearing a white tank top with the words 'A Little Bit Dramatic', a pink sweater, a black miniskirt, and pink heels.

In other words, she was dressed as Regina George.

When she bought the outfit, she was dressing up to reference the inside joke she and Nina have; from when they were baking in their old apartment and Nina said they're similar. Only twenty minutes ago while Rebekah was changing, she had realized Nathaniel calls her that as well.

"This is great," Nathaniel grinned, snapping pictures on his phone.

In a flash, Rebekah sped over and grabbed the fake parrot that was perched on his shoulder and began hitting him with it.

"Ow, ow, ow!"

Nathaniel turned on his heel and began running away, but Rebekah wasn't too far behind. As the front door opened, the two chased by and Nina bent down to pick up the fallen pirate's hat.

Looking up, she sighed before closing the door and walking past the two.

They were hundreds of years old but acted like children.

✵ ✵ ✵

"That kid was so frickin' cute! I already have so many halloween costume ideas for our son."

Rebekah hummed, her hands massaging Nina's shoulders.

The three, along with the two dogs, were seated outside their house on chairs. There weren't a whole lot of kids in the neighborhood, but Nina enjoyed sitting outside and handing out candy to whoever came.