X

Nina let out a yawn, stretching her arms above her head

Nina let out a yawn, stretching her arms above her head. Groggily rubbing her eyes, the human looked over to her side at the alarm clock. The numbers read '1:24 am' in large, white text. As the woman was about to fall back asleep, she heard a scratch coming from outside her door.

"Not now, Lexie." Nina groaned, shoving her face into her pillow as the scratching sound increased.

With the feeling her dog wouldn't stop, the human slipped out of bed and walked over to the door, opening it. Instead of being welcomed with her dog sitting at her feet, Lexie was no where in sight.

Stepping out of the room, Nina walked into the area where the living room and kitchen were connected. Furrowing her eyebrows when noticing the dog fast asleep on the couch, the human looked around, not seeing anything but still hearing the noise. Quietly, Nina made her way into the kitchen and slowly pulled out the largest knife she had. Seeing as there was nothing in her bedroom, the living room, and the kitchen, there was only one room left. Rebekah's old bedroom.

Taking in a deep breath, the human tip toed over to the door, placing her hand on the knob. Nina flung open the door, gasping at the sight in-front of her.

"Took you long enough! I was thinking I'd have to come out there and make myself known."

"Who the hell are you?" The human spoke with a shaky voice, still having a strong grip around the knife.

"Where are my manners? I'm Nathaniel." The male said, letting out a small laugh while holding out his hand.

Nina looked at the hand, then back up at the male.

"Not much of a talker, huh? Well, that's alright. I already know who you are."

"I don't care what your name is. Tell me why the hell you're in my apartment and what you want."

"Straight to the point, I see. Alright, guess I'll get to it. But if I were you, I'd relax. Perhaps try by putting the knife down."

Seeing as Nina was making no effort to move, Nathaniel sighed, rolling his eyes but started his story nonetheless.

"I was turned by Klaus Mikaelson five hundred and twenty seven years ago. He killed my parents, siblings, and wife in frustration of not being able to break his curse. For the past centuries I've been trying to avenge them by finding a way to not only kill him, but his whole family too. Every time I come close to it, the plans change. The witch bails or the vampires flee out of fear."

"Maybe that's a sign you should move on. Perhaps try a new hobby?"

"No, see, you're not understanding." The vampire laughed, "It's not until now, I finally have a way to destroy the Mikaelsons."

"Let me guess, you've created an army?"

"More like a one woman army." Nathaniel spoke, causing for Nina's eyebrows to furrow. "You. You're the one who can destroy them."

"Are you on something?" The human sighed. "Look, I don't know what crazy plan you came up with, but I want no part so you need to leave."

Nina made her way toward the vampire who was seated on the bed. As the woman got a grip on his arm to try and force him up, Nathaniel sped her against the wall, ripping the knife out of her hand and throwing it on the floor.

"You don't have a choice, darling. You'll do everything I say, understand?" The vampire compelled.

Nina stared into his eyes, a small smile forming on her lips. "I understand."

sorry for the long wait!!

this chapter is short and might be confusing, but more will be revealed next chapter!

Nathaniel will be played by Tom Ellis