II

MONTH ONE OF PREGNANCY
MAY 20, 2028

"How am I already bloating?"

"Don't be ridiculous, love, you look beautiful."

"No, she's right. I can see some baby weight."

Nina and Rebekah both whipped their heads towards Nathaniel, a glare on each of their faces.

Holding his hands up in defense, the vampire grinned as he watched Nina sigh and return her focus back to the mirror.

The three were lounging in the couple's bedroom. Nathaniel had, once again, shown up unannounced. The two didn't have enough time to hide the baby clothes on the table and decided to come clean about the pregnancy.

Thankfully, the process had worked and Nina was one month pregnant. The two were due in February and overjoyed about the new chapter in their lives.

After learning that he was the first to know, Nathaniel claimed they had to come up with a huge surprise. Although Nina didn't care much about a party, Rebekah seemed excited about telling her family. Not wanting to upset her wife, Nina agreed to a small gathering in their home during July. While it was two months away, the couple wanted to wait before announcing it, incase anything went wrong.

Now, Rebekah and Nathaniel were laid down on the king sized bed with bowls of popcorn while Nina studied herself in the mirror.

"What if you write it in fireworks? 'We're knocked up!'"

"Remind me why we let him in?" Rebekah said, picking up a kernel and throwing it at Nathaniel.

Picking it off his shirt, the vampire popped it in his mouth and winked, "Stop playing games, Regina. You know you love me."

Nina snorted at the nickname, turning around and sitting at the end of the bed. Stealing Rebekah's bowl, she placed it in her lap and shoved five pieces in at a time.

"Why is it that you watched that bloody movie once and feel the need to nickname me after the bitchy character?"

"In his defense, I said you reminded me of Regina too."

"The difference is that I love you and cannot stand him."

"You unfroze my cold, dead heart Regina. Are you going to say you want me to be your childs' godfather next?" Nathaniel smirked, his hand on his chest.

"You little-"

"Okay! That's enough of that, don't you think?"

"Speaking of children," Nathaniel began, ignoring Nina's warning glance. "Do you have any names picked out?"

"We have eight months left, plenty of time to decide."

"I have a middle name in mind."

"You do?" Nina and Nathaniel said at the same time, then turned to each other and smiled.

"First off, never do that again. It's hard to ignore that you two are friends when you do stuff like that. Second, I wish to have our child be named after my brother."