II

Nina yawned, her eyes fluttering open while she stretched her arms

Once her vision was clear, she took in her surroundings. The human expected to be asleep on the couch, but instead found herself in her blue colored bed.

The dark haired woman stood up, walking out of her room and into the one next to hers. Unfortunately, she didn't spot Rebekah. Her pink bed sheets were folded nicely, like they hadn't been touched all night.

Nina then wandered into the kitchen and living room. Still, she couldn't spot her roommate. As the human looked at the clock that was built into the microwave, her eyebrows furrowed. It was only 9:42 am and it was not Rebekah's week for groceries or any other chores. Of course, the blonde could've been out for a jog but Nina doubted it since she hasn't seen her work out once in all five years they've spent together.

The human decided to take advantage of modern technology and quickly walked back into her room and grabbed her phone, clicking Rebekah's contact name and dialing her number. All of a sudden, a loud buzzing was heard in the other room, causing Nina to hurry over and see what it was.

The dark haired human discovered Rebekah's phone, sitting on top of her night table. The humans confusion and worry grew even more. Rebekah hardly left the house without her phone and it was unlikely she would've forgotten it.

Instead of assuming the worst, Nina decided to busy herself with chores and grocery shopping. All these tasks somewhat cleared the woman's mind, letting her go through the day much faster and easier.

By the time Nina was finally able to lay back and relax, the time was 6:13 pm.

The human sighed, deciding to look through Rebekah's phone and contact one of her siblings, seeing if they could help give an explanation.

Her finger hovered over Klaus, remembering how she always told her they were the closest.

After two rings, the call was finally answered.

"Hello?" A feminine voice spoke from the other line.

"Is Klaus there?"

"He's a little busy at the moment. Can you call back another time?"

"No, I can't. His sisters missing and I need to talk to him."

There was a five second silence, causing Nina to sigh.

"Look, can you just put Klaus on the phone. I'm sure you're festivities can be resumed later."

The woman on the other line practically gagged, "Oh god, no. I'm his daughter. But like I said, he can't come to the phone right now. I'm sure my aunt will be back soon."

Nina sighed, responding a quiet thanks and hanging up the call.

The human was at a dead end. Could the blonde really have left her without any information?

MEANWHILE IN NEW ORLEANS...

"Who's there? Show yourself!" A voice yelled, causing Rebekah to walk out

"Oh, Nik. Always so dramatic."

"Rebekah." The hybrid smiled, then turned once he heard another drop.

"Bloody hell. My least favorite recurring nightmare."

"I was in Geneva, waiting for Nina to wake up so we could go out for breakfast to take my mind off of Hayley. What I wouldn't give to spend just a decade without being dragged into a godforsaken Chambre de Chasse."

"Suppose you were in a board meeting." Klaus spoke.

"I was waiting for my wife to come home from work. Once again, ripped from complete contentment for... this. Suppose I'll ask the obvious, piss off any witches lately?" Kol questioned.

"Actually, my current enemies are a group of hatemongers who see myself and my daughter as abominations to the vampire race."

"Whatever it is, how do we get the hell out of here so I can get back to Nina?"