XIV

It had been four weeks since Nina and Rebekah's wedding

For their honeymoon, the two had stayed in Hawaii for a couple of days before traveling across the states. They spent two nights in New Orleans, visiting Freya, Keelin, and their son.

As much as Nina wanted to see where Rebekah grew up, the blonde refused to go back to Mystic Falls. The original claimed it was a place of death and only bad things happened there. Those words greatly confused the human, seeing as her niece, Hope, was currently staying at a school there. However, she brushed it off and decided to move on.

In present time, the newly weds were sitting in their living room; house hunting.

Although Nina and Rebekah loved their apartment, it was time for a change. The two wanted children one day and this apartment would simply be too small. Plus, Nina was getting far too tired walking down the stairs everyday just to take Lexie, her dog, outside.

"Look at this one, it has a pool!" The dark haired woman excitedly announced, clicking on the pictures.

"The front is hideous, though."

Nina sighed, exiting out of the tab and scrolling through the other options.

Rebekah had been pointing out the negatives of every house so far. The human knew she just wanted it to be perfect, but she couldn't help but get a little annoyed.

"Fine. How about this one?"

The dark haired woman clicked on a house that was undoubtedly beautiful. The architecture was historical and elegant with, much to Nina's excitement, a pool.

The human turned her head, trying to decipher Rebekah's expression. Nina was prepared to hear something negative that would cause her to once again exit out of the tab and continue scrolling. However, much to the woman's surprise, the blonde met her eyes and smiled.

"It's perfect, Nins. It reminds me of the mayors old home in New Orleans, the white one my brothers and Hayley stayed in for a while that I told you about."

"I remember." Nina smiled, but the smile soon faded as she looked back at the screen. "Unfortunately, it's over our price range. Like, way over. Plus, what are we going to do with six bedrooms?"

"I'm still a vampire, silly. I can simply compel them to give it to us for free." Rebekah stated, but quickly shushes the human as she opened her mouth to protest, "Before you say something moral, we can still pay bills or whatever will make you feel better."

The dark haired woman nodded, turning her attention back to the screen and dialed the phone number shown, setting up a time to go view the house.

✵ ✵ ✵

Nina and Rebekah walked around the rooms of the house, hand-in-hand.

The realtor had left them a few minutes ago to do a second walk through of the inside and outside.

"Besides pricing, anything else that concerns you?" The blonde original asked, swinging their hands back and forth.

"Everything is beautiful and once we add in all the furniture it will look amazing but what are we going to do with six bedrooms? Well, technically four since one goes to us and two to our future children. You still want two, right?"

"You're rambling." Rebekah adoringly laughed, causing a small smile to appear on Nina's face. "Admit it, you love it."

The human nodded her head, "Of course I love it. Who wouldn't?"

"Then it's settled. We're buying it."

Nina smiled, leaning in to give Rebekah a quick kiss before excitedly turning around and walking outside to speak with the realtor.

An hour or two later, which would have been much longer if Rebekah had no compulsion, the house was officially theirs.

"We can come back tomorrow to start figuring everything out. Right now I just want to crawl into bed and watch some movies."

"Of course. I'll meet you at the apartment, I'll pick us up some dinner." Rebekah spoke, kissing Nina's cheek then using her vampire speed to quickly go to their favorite diner.

" Rebekah spoke, kissing Nina's cheek then using her vampire speed to quickly go to their favorite diner

the outside and backyard of their new house <3

fun fact: this is currently on sale in Geneva, Switzerland for $21 million USD!!

also comment name recommendations for their future children!! I've been trying to think of names but still cannot decide.

thank you for reading :)