IV

Once Rebekah brought Nina back to the compound, it had been total silence

The two close friends have been sitting in the quiet for the past five minutes, and the blonde didn't know why. It could've been the fact that she "left", but Rebekah could have easily made up a lie.

"What's wrong, Nina?"

"Nothing." The dark haired woman sighed, finally looking into her best friends eyes.

"Are you sure? You haven't said anything during the walk over here and you're acting distant."

"It's just, I don't know. It sounds stupid."

"I'm sure it's not. What is it?"

"Your brother, Kol, mentioned something." Nina spoke, Rebekah already sensing this would be bad knowing her brother, "He said it's nothing you guys could handle, since you're vampires and all. And I know it sounds completely crazy, trust me. But the more I thought of it. The you not ever getting hurt, never getting sick, those blood bags going missing."

"Nins. I-"

"Rebekah. Please tell me this is all in my head."

"I'm sorry." The blonde whispered.

"What?"

Rebekah took a deep breath, blinking away the tears before showing her friend her vampire face.

Nina gasped, quickly standing up and making her way over to the front door where her bags were.

"Nina! Wait!"

"So it's true?" The human spoke, spinning around to face the blonde. "You're really a vampire?"

"Yes. I wanted to tell you but-"

"All those 'animal' attacks I saw, they were are you?"

When Rebekah didn't respond, the tears started falling from the woman's eyes. The salty droplets dripping down her normal rosy cheeks.

"Were you going to drain my blood next?"

"Oh my gosh, no. Nina I swear I would never do that. All I was trying to do was protect you. I put vervain in your drinks everyday so no vampire could compel you."

"You lived with me for five years." Nina spoke in a quiet tone. "For five years you made me believe you were someone you were not."

"I'm still the same person you've always known!"

"No you're not! I lived and spent everyday with you thinking you were a human just like me. I didn't even know vampires existed!"

"Nina, where are you going." Rebekah asked, watching as the dark haired woman grabbed onto the handle of her suitcase and slung her back over her shoulder.

"Home. When you decide you wanna come back, I'll have your stuff in a bin."

"Nins, please don't do this."

"Goodbye, Rebekah." Nina spoke, walking out of the compound and made her way down the street.

The human placed the sunglasses on her face, blocking her puffy and watery eyes from the French Quarter.