023. tragedy in lagos

twenty three

twenty three.
TRAGEDY IN LAGOS

The Avengers were a symbol of hope. They brought my light to a darkened world. And while not everyone agreed with them — others loved them. Some saw them as monsters. Some as vigilantes. Some saw them as something more. And while the team wasn't what it once was, with new faces, they were still just that. Avengers. Ready to save the world at a moment's notice. Protect the world from any threats.

And there would always be threats.

Threats the Avengers would have to take care of.

Nothing major or world ending had happened in the months since Ultron. Steve was looking for somebody for a lot of the time, but they weren't getting anywhere. And there wasn't anything else for them to do except try their best to be kept on the public's good side. Ever since Sokovia there was a small rise of people thinking the Avengers weren't good. Honestly though, more people were currently promoting the Avengers, and were in their side thinking they did good.

However, ever since Sokovia, some were more nervous. The Avengers would always be feared. They were the most powerful group in the galaxy, and it seemed everyone knew that now. Tensions were rising. Doubt lurked in corners and darkness was cast over the name. We're they truly doing good if they were causing this after all? They'd been part of the problem in destroying cities. Lives.

Who was to say if the Avengers were good or bad? They hadn't been right in some ways but not had they been wrong.

So right now they'd just settle for okay.

Settling wasn't really happening today.

For the past year, Hallie had been training with the Avengers. It was nice. For once she felt like she found somewhere she actually belonged. She had friends. People she cared about other than Harley and it felt as though her life was coming together — even if Wanda and Natasha called her crazy for dying her hair blonde, which was already starting to fade. But it felt nice for someone to call her crazy for something so normal, even if that sounded weird, she she had no doubt it did.

They hadn't had many missions. Just taking care of the remnants of HYDRA chasing down Steve Roger's new sworn enemy, Rumlow. They hadn't had much on him in six months, and so as soon as they heard a top about him being in Lagos, they took it without hesitation.

Personally, Hallie didn't have anything with Rumlow. But she learned if you were associated with HYDRA, there was like a 96 percent chance you were a bad guy.

Hallie stood on a rooftop, looking tense in her yellow and black special uniform, now fire proof and not in stores near you. It had become recognizable. She had become recognizable. It was odd. Whatever she meant. A symbol like the Avengers? And to think, three years ago she wanted to be normal.