019. how to build a robot boy

『 nineteen

『 nineteen. HOW TO BUILD A ROBOT BOY 』

Hallie was desperately trying to convince herself, and Steve, that there was no way in hell Tony would actually try anything on the body. The ride to New York was long, and it left their thoughts spiraling to the worst case scenarios that they really didn't need at this point. She tried her best to not think about the different scenarios in which led them to their doom, but Wanda did have a point. Tony had good intentions, but sometimes they didn't show in the best ways. Ultron, and whatever he could possibly be creating, was one of them.

The ongoing silence in which only the sound of machine working fills the jet is broken, as Pietro says from his seat, "You never did tell us who you are."

The words are very clearly directed across the way to Hallie who replies coldly, "Thats because your sister tried messing with my mind before I could." The wound was still clearly open, not that they'd actually done anything to her but leaving her feeling guilty for not trying to stop them before they got to Bruce.

A look of guilt crossed Wanda's face, as she sat beside her brother at Hallie's words. "And for that I am sorry. I thought we knew what we were fighting for." She expressed, and Hallie could tell it was genuine.

Hallie but the inside of her cheek, letting silence take hold over the quinjet once more before saying, "I'm Hallie."

"See, look at us getting along like good friends." Pietro said.

"We aren't friends." Steve argued from his spot.

Silence over took the cabin again, in which Hallie nervously checked her phone again for someone to tell them what was going on. No one seemed to have texted her back from the blank screen. The one time she actually wanted to talk to Tony.

The quinjet landed, after what seemed like forever, and she was practically the first to jump out of her seat, walking out of the quinjet and to where they'd most likely find Tony. The labs. The four made their way towards the darkened penthouse, Steve and Hallie leading the way. It felt odd to be leading the group somewhere, seeing as only hours ago she wasn't sure she belonged, but now with the worry that Tony was about to do something stupid she couldn't think of that.

"This framework is not compatible." She heard Tony say as they approached the darkened penthouse.

Then Bruce's voice answered, saying, "The genetic coding tower's at ninety-seven percent. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes."