020. rise of sokovia

『 twenty

『 twenty. RISE OF SOKOVIA 』

Despite the fact everyone was evacuating, it wasn't as chaotic as Hallie had assumed it was going to be. Instead people were walking quickly and quietly due to Wanda's powers, taking nothing with them but themselves. The people the police were evacuating were a little harder to get on the move, wanting to take whatever they could despite the near danger. At least they were listening. People tended not to listen when they were being told to leave, but most of these people were smart enough to go without a fight due to the critical, life threatening situation that they were in. She could only hope everyone made it out. Ultron wouldn't stay away forever.

Everything was okay, quiet almost. People were hurrying to get out of the city, following the crowds of people making their way out as they left their home behind. Hallie watched like much of the rest of the team, preparing to do what was necessary to help protect the people of Sokovia. Tony had gone to confront Ultron, Bruce to save Natasha, Wanda and Pietro given the jobs of getting the people to safety as they were more likely to listen to them. Hallie stood with Steve, her eyes watching the people, lingering on a family of three. A mother with her two children, an older girl and a younger boy. She tried not to imagine what it felt like to have to up and leave like this with the consistent worry about her family.

Not all of the people would get to safety though, because only meters from where people poured out onto the streets, the cement cracked and a robotic hand pushed itself out, climbing out of the ground. Shrieks pierced the air and Hallie moved quickly as soon as the head revealed itself. Setting her hand over the head she melted it in, before pulling it off, the rest of the body falling dead.

It wasn't the only one.

All around robots were climbing up and out, shrieks coming from the Sokovian citizens who quickened their pace to a run and hugged their families close to try and get away.

She looked down over the bridge, seeing the robots climbing at a quick pace, one jumping out and landing directly beside her as they continued to advance. She kicked it, causing it to stumble into an abandoned car and she picked up a piece of metal debris, shoving it into the robots chest. Her eyes glowed orange once again, as her hand reached out and punched an approaching robot which was about to climb over the bridge, her hand going straight through the metal head which torn at her skin but quickly healed the wounds it had created.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed a group of people huddled together, the family of three with them. Running towards the group she hit one of the Ultrons on the side of the head, kicking another one before grabbing it by its shoulders, and launching it away from the group, Steve's shield meeting it in the middle. Reaching out as the shield sailed towards her, she grabbed it, and pushed it into the second robot before she threw the shield back to its owner.