011. one final gift

『 eleven

『 eleven. ONE FINAL GIFT 』

      "HOW HAS THE MOVE BEEN TREATING YOU? Hope everything is going well, adjusting fine. Even Massachusetts is a big step up from a place like Tennessee, so..."

      "Hey," Hallie whined, face showing how offended she felt in the moment as she watching Tony snack on chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, and accepted one when he offered it to her before going on and saying, "That's my home you are taking about so watch it Tin Man. I will not hesitate to call Pepper." She said in a threatening manner as she glared at him.

      "I didn't mean for you to take offense to that," Tony said, "I was just stating facts."

       "Wow, you really want me to call her, don't you?" Hallie asked narrowing her eyes at him. "Because I will. And we both know she'll take my side and yell at you so unless you want to get yelled at I suggest you shut up."

      "No she wouldn't."

      "Yes I would so leave her alone, Anthony." Pepper said, walking up from behind them looking as professional as usual, purposely saying Tony's full name knowing how much taunting Hallie would do with it, especially seeing the mischievous glint in Hallie's eye when it was first said.

      "Wait," Hallie said holding up her hands as they stopped walking to let Pepper join them. "Your full name is Anthony? Oh my god, that's great."

       Tony scoffed, glaring at Pepper who had a smug smile on her face as Hallie cackled. "See what you've done? Now I'm going to have to put up with her calling me that whenever she's angry."

      "Oh no no no, Anthony." Hallie said, correcting his previous statement by saying, "I'm going to call you that all the time now. Thanks Pep!" She said happily.

Months had passed since the incident. She has moved to Massachusetts more recently along with Harley and had started to attend school at MIT. Which was fun, a little more boring than she had expected but otherwise amazing. Harley was happy to live in Massachusetts too. He missed their old garage but they had brought most of their things over from Tennessee so whenever she was gone he had something to do. They were separated more than usual and Hallie had started to loosen the reins, feeling as though she may have been too overbearing looking back but one could argue she was still overbearing with frequent phone calls to check on him.

Living in Massachusetts also made it so they were closer to New York, which was fortunate for them so Hallie could go and get a check over to see if there were any changes with Extremis. There hadn't been but more recently Tony had had her try using her abilities in a garage, far away from anyone so she didn't accidentally hurt anyone. The goal was for her to be able to activate her abilities and learn how to control them when she needed to. To master them. It was working because every time they went it seemed as though she was getting better at it, learning to control how much heat she used. There had been several accidents when she was first learning to control it but more recently there had been less and less.

      It was currently a weekend and Hallie had driven up to New York once again with Harley who was now sleeping in a guest room of sorts although Pepper had made the comment that at this point they should just move in with them if Hallie didn't have school. Tony had grabbed Hallie when they arrived, telling her he had something to show her so she had agreed to follow him which was how she found herself here, walking towards the lab.

      Tony grumbled some profanities under his breath while Hallie and Pepper both grinned at each other, before Hallie finally made the decision to ask, "So are you going to tell me what you want to show me or not?"

      "It's a surprise."

      "I hate surprises."

      "I'm not surprised."

      Hallie rolled her eyes but didn't say anything else, glowering and continuing to follow him, the sounds of Pepper's heels echoing around the lab.

      Finally they came to a stop in front of a metal wall of sorts and Tony turned around to face her. "Do not overreact to this. This is nothing big, so don't say anything annoyingly stupid or shout I'm that shrill voice of yours."

      "I am not shrill."

      "Whatever," Tony said waving her off and she frowned, scrunching up her nose in distaste but Tony continued. "Just don't make a big deal out of it."

      "Make a big deal out of what? It's a wall." She stated, glaring at him.

      Tony didn't respond to her, simply saying, "Jarvis. Open her up."

       "Yes sir." Jarvis responded as he normally did, and Tony stepped away from the wall, walking around Hallie as she sent him a confused look before a second later the wall slid apart, one piece going up and the other going down.

      Hallie stared in shock, watching the movement of the case as it's contents were revealed. Inside was a suit, the material looking normal to anyone else's eye but Hallie recognizes it to be the same fireproof material she had used to make some of her clothes whenever she had a particularly warm day. It looked like it would go from neck to ankles and looked to be slim fitting. It was sleeveless but the neckline was high. A utility belt sat on the waist. The designs on the suit looked like they took a while and there were linings around the main sections. It was mainly black with lighter grays as well as yellow going down the either side of the torso and along the legs.

      "Well, I think I successfully managed to render her speechless. Yay me."

      Hallie was snapped from her state of shock of seeing the suit and immediately started at Tony's words.

      "What the actual fu—!"

( w / c ) : 1019

( a / n ) : age of ultron is next and I'm so happy.

btw the next book in the series glitch will take place before act two but it has not been published yet but I may mention the character in the act. I will be publishing it soon though so keep an eye out for it.

votes and comments appreciated, have
a good day / night.