012. pink pig monster

『 twelve

『 twelve. PINK PIG MONSTER 』

        IT HAD BEEN OVER A YEAR SINCE EVERYTHING HAD HAPPENED. Hallie was happy to say that nothing had happened since, her life uneventful. Boring even. Attending classes like any other student going to MIT, visiting New York on the weekends and for the most part living her life with Harley. So life had been going her way. No need to wear the suit that was still inside Stark Tower. No need to use her abilities and come out to the world about who she really was. Just being a normal young adult. The best thing she could ask for. Letting the real heroes take care of business.

Hallie stepped off the bus after a long day of classes, visibly exhausted. But now she had the entire summer to relax now that her finals were official done and over with until the next year. She had some how, made it through an entire year of classes without anything crazy happening and more importantly with good grades throughout all her classes. After a full couple months of studying and pulling all nighters filled with coffee and stress, she could final lie down and turn on the tv and fall asleep after the countless nights that she hadn't slept.

Closing the door to her apartment behind her, she stepped inside, looking around to see the apartment was messy as usual since she hadn't had time to clean up. She spotted a familiar brunette sitting on the couch watching Harry Potter while scrolling on her phone and next to her was a blonde boy, watching the movie intensely as he munched on some candy. Upon closer inspection, Hallie realized the girl was scrolling through tumblr and was in fact looking at pictures of Harry Potter memes.

Both heads swiveled to look at her but soon both turned to look back at what they were doing. She wasn't shocked by the intrusion. In the few months that they had been their Harley had managed to make a few friends at school. However he hadn't connected with everyone as much as he connected with Meredith, despite Meredith being four years older than the boy. Meredith also adored the boy and took on the responsibility of picking him up from school and even sometimes when Hallie was busy dropping him off. At first Hallie wanted to pay her, thinking that that was what Meredith wanted but Meredith brushed her off saying that she just wanted to spend time with Harley.

"How did your exams go?" Meredith called back to the girl who sighed, setting down her bag onto the island and walking into the kitchen, desperate for food despite having eaten a lot already that day.

"Oh, they went well. I hope at least. They probably didn't. But I feel like they did." Hallie said, thinking over the exams she took that day and frowning, as though confused. The whole day she'd tried not to overthink it so she wouldn't worry too much about how she did and would relax, however, that was starting to prove difficult as she searched for a banana and couldn't find one anywhere. So instead she reached for a bag of chips, deciding it would be okay to be unhealthy and sticking to the regular college student pattern she had of eating nothing but coffee and junk food or frozen pizza.

She heard Harley sigh from the couch saying, "Come on, Meredith! You know you aren't supposed to ask her about her exams because then she overthinks it despite doing amazing on whichever ones she had today." She heard him scold. Immediately she scowled, picking up the mail they received that was lying on the counter and picking it up, hitting the back of his head with it. He grunted, leaning foreword to rub his head and saying, "Ow. What was that for?"

Hallie didn't answer, letting Harley go back to watching the tv and grumbling under his breath. Hallie stood behind the counter, setting down the mail again before glancing over at the tv while opening the bag of chips. As she watched the movie play, she recognized it to be the fifth movie. She narrowed her eyes, realizing what must've happened.

"Did you seriously watch a Harry Potter marathon without me?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at the two.

"Oh, yeah. Um... see we would've waited for you but I couldn't wait that long to see my husband Draco." Meredith said.

Hallie scoffed, shaking her head at the girl who merely gave her a toothy grin back and Hallie had to hide a smile. She continued watching and eating from the counter, getting fed up with the pink pig monster on the tv at one point and throwing a chip at the tv but otherwise simply enjoyed watching the movie with the two others while eating the Doritos.

As the movie started drawing to a close and she finished the pack of chips she was eating and pulled out her phone to check for any new notifications. Immediately a text message from Pepper appeared on the home screen of her phone.

─────

Pepper
I know you did well in your exams
so now that you've officially finished
your first year of college will you go
supervise Tony at a party he and the
other Avengers are having?

Hallie
First of all, who says I did good?
Secondly, I don't want to babysit him
He's annoying

Pepper
Please 🥺
It'll be a good celebration for
yourself

Hallie
Do I get paid?

Pepper
Only if things go wrong

─────

Hallie sighed, closing her phone as she realized what she just agreed to. Rubbing her forehead she mumbled to herself, "Looks like I get to babysit the man child."

( w / c ) : 1124

( a / n ) : it was a short filled chapter, sorry if those aren't your thing. look at it as the prologue to the second act. next chapter will be longer, a promise.

diana silvers as meredith fox.

comments appreciated, havea good day / night

a good day / night.