015. horribly epic take down

『 fifteen

『 fifteen. HORRIBLY EPIC TAKE DOWN 』

        QUIET GRACED THE QUINJET. Not even Tony seemed to be able to crack a joke. So much had gone wrong and now they had to run, the team left cracked like a broken vase, and each one of the pieces cracked even more. Where they were off to none of them knew. They couldn't just go back to the Avenger's Tower. They had no where to run to, at least that's what most of them thought.

Hallie was left leaning against the wall of the Quinjet, trapped in her own thoughts which had started to spiral ever since they took off. She couldn't imagine what any of them had seen when the youngest of the twins played her mind tricks on them. And Hallie was left with her own scars, wondering why she'd come along in the first place if it was only going to go down like this.

Why hadn't she stayed with her brother? She'd called him the minute they were back on the jet, and she had her privacy needing to hear that he was okay. She'd been told no one knew she was actually with them, so it wouldn't make sense for the government to tap into her calls to try and find her. And most of the others didn't really have anyone to call. She guessed she was grateful that she did.

But the mission wasn't complete. They'd failed, and been bruised and broken badly, shown by the looks on the team's faces. And she was left wondering, what had they seen?

TWO HOURS EARLIER

          Nerves were always a battle for Hallie, as much as any other person. But when you were about to try and kill a supposedly unkillable robot, nerves seemed to quadrupole. It was the first time she was wearing the suit Tony had made her, the black and yellow going nicely together. It felt weird, being on a quinjet with so many legendary superheroes, who only a few years ago she would never image being around. It was all very insane, and she questioned if she had actually lost her sanity at one point, but that didn't stop her from listening to what the others said, Tony telling her to keep her distance and not do anything stupid ( so basically anything he'd actually do she'd quipped when he said that earning a glare and a laugh from Natasha ).

Hallie was told to wait in the shadows, and hopefully not do anything unless it really came to it, which she too was crossing her fingers for. It had been a long day, with little to no sleep and like most of the rest of the group, she was running on caffeine and adrenaline — two things that she was pretty sure Tony ran on daily ( and alcohol ), so if he could do what he did everyday on those few things, then surely they could stop an evil robot. They'd stopped an alien invasion before after all. And it wouldn't come down to her doing anything but watching a boring show of them talking the genocidal, one day old, robot down. Which now that she thought about it seemed a lot more difficult than she previously believed.