005. the weird beard twin

『 five

『 five. THE WEIRD BEARD TWIN 』

      "YOU'RE WELCOME."

      After finding Harley and still slightly trembling over what had happened, Hallie and Harley made their way to find Tony who was now standing beside her car. Hallie kept a close eye on Harley, seeing as he was still wet from the water tower and had even given him her coat despite her being cold as well. She shoved her hands in her pockets as they approached the man who had his back turned to him.

      "For what? Did I miss something?" Tony asked before pointing at Hallie, "You get in the car. We should be leaving."

      "Wait, what?" Hallie asked only to be interrupted by Harley.

      "Me saving your life." Harley stared the obvious.

      "Wait, I still don't know why I'm getting in the car with you. Shouldn't you be leaving now." Once again no one answered her, instead Tony and Harley continued to talk amongst themselves making Hallie roll her eyes as she unlocked the car, getting into the driver's seat and starting the car to warm up.

      Tony ignored her, saying, "Yeah. A, saved you first. B, thanks, sort of. And C, if you do someone a solid, don't be a yutz, alright? Just play it cool otherwise you come off grandiose."

      "Unlike you? Admit it, you need me. We're connected." Harley stayed while climbing into the back of Hallie's car so they could go home.

      Tony walked around to the other side and got into the passengers seat as he said, "What I need is for you to go home, keep your trap shut, guard the suit and stay connected to the telephone because if I call, you better pick up. Okay, can you feel that? We're done here."

      "Where to now?" Hallie asked a finally got the attention of the two in the car who both turned to look at her, Harley leaning up between the seats and Hallie looked back at him saying, "Harley put your seatbelt on or I swear to god—"

      "Alright, alright. I'm doing it."

      "We are going to go back to your house." Tony informed her and she nodded, starting the engine before peeling away from the curb and driving quickly along to road to get back to their house. There was silence in the car until Tony leaned forward to mess with the radio station and Hallie had to slap his hands away as soon as she heard AC/DC come on, not knowing that Tony wouldn't have changed it. The rest of the car ride passed quickly as they made it home and finally Tony spoke up.