003. ghosts of the past come to haunt you

『 three

『 three. GHOSTS OF THE PAST COME
TO HAUNT YOU 』

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐘 his Tony sandwich, and Tony had requested (or told) Harley to get, was giving Hallie an extra hand as they all worked together on the Iron Man suit, sitting only a few feet away from Hallie as they tried to get it operational again. It was for the most part silent, but AC/DC played in the background, and that was probably one of the only things that Hallie didn't object to, instead silently working and hiding her happiness that Tony had chosen this particular band (she would've probably fought him if he didn't). Harley considered it improvement.

Hallie wasn't very interested in having a billionaire there, if she hadn't already made that clear. She knew that trouble would come, and Harley or herself could get seriously injured or hurt, and Hallie didn't want that to happen. She didn't not want to help, it was just the fact that she had always sworn to put Harley first, but right now letting the superhero use their garage as his own was putting them in danger if anyone came looking for him. He was supposed to be dead, but that didn't mean that people weren't suspicious about not finding a body.

Tony finally finished the sandwich, standing up and beginning to wander around, and Hallie rolled her eyes before asking, "Isn't this your suit? Aren't you gonna help?"

"Well, first I need some springs," he glanced to the jar of springs they had organized, "A little rusty." He notes and Hallie glared, crossing her arms over her chest and shifting her weight from one leg to the other. "But will do." He added. "Maybe a wristwatch. To, you know, tell time. And I also need a location of someone who died."

Hallie blinked and muttered under her breath, "That escalated quickly." Before turning back to finishing putting the finger that Harley had apparently broken off when she wasn't there. "Where do you need to go too?" She asked.

"Do you know a Chad Davis by chance?"

Hallie pauses her hands stopping their work as she glanced up to see the billionaire still wandering around. She looked back down, and gritting her teeth, she said, "Yeah. What about 'em?"

"Read about him in a newspaper article." She listened to him, expecting him to give a real reason. He didn't. "Hey, what is under this—" he let out a whistle and Hallie turned to see him peeking moving the tarp that rested over the red Porsche, which was a little dusty but other than that looked brand new. Her eyes widened, and out of the corner of her eye she saw Harley begin to look nervous as well.

"Hey!" She called, jumping up and running over to bat Tony's hands away from the car so he wouldn't get fingerprints all over it. "Stop that! You're gonna get fingerprints on it."