013. robots crash the party

『 thirteen

『 thirteen. ROBOTS CRASH THE PARTY 』

        HALLIE SMOOTHED OUT THE WRINKLES IN THE DRESS SHE WORE. The Avenger tower was full of light, laughs echoing through the upper floors as people drink and celebrate. Hallie felt uncomfortable, not only because she was wearing a dress (that was the most expensive thing she ever owned curtesy of Pepper), but because she knew no one there except for only a few people. She chose to stick close to those she knew and would every now and then check her phone for a text from Meredith who was watching Harley.

Pepper had warned her that it wouldn't be the best scene for Harley who shouldn't come up to New York this weekend so Hallie managed (although it wasn't that hard) to get Meredith to agree to watch Harley. Meredith was happy to, and by the time she had left the two were already planning a movie marathon and Meredith had informed her they wouldn't be eating anything healthy all weekend since she couldn't cook.

"Quite checking your phone and enjoy the moment." Tony said, nudging her side with his elbow.

Hallie sent her a glare and reluctantly put her phone away, turning back to Rhodey to listen to Rhodey who was telling a story and while Hallie wanted to pretend to be interested she really wasn't. To her left stood Tony, who was actually listening to the story and next to him was the God of Thunder and muscles, Thor. Before today she hadn't actually met and and the first thing she had wanted to do was touch one of his muscles but then thought it would seem weird to do and didn't. Thankfully though, she had met Maria Hill who she actually liked and she had gotten to know Rhodey better than just asking for a way out of the Mandarin's evil lair.

Rhodey didn't realize that Hallie hadn't been paying attention (or didn't care that she hadn't), and continued on, finishing his story. "Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, "Boom! You looking for this?"" he finished looking around to see what they would say, only to receive blank looks from Tony and Thor and a confused one from Hallie having not listened to the entire story. ""Boom! Are you looking..." Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor questions politely.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey said, still sounding confused as to why no one had been laughing.

"Well, it's very good then." he laughs to be polite. "It's impressive."

Rhodey rolled his eyes, not impressed by Thor's save before looking to Hallie and asking, "Quality save. You got a good excuse?"