022. its called training

『 twenty three

『 twenty three. ITS CALLED TRAINING 』

It was amazing how hard Steve and Vision were both concentrating. Steve's blue eyes glanced up to Vision, as he leaned against his hand, sizing up the AI. Neither said a word in that moment, focusing directly on the task set in front of them. Vision waited for the super soldier to make a move. And then, he did.

"Check." Steve said, moving his chess piece across the board.

Across the room, Hallie rolled her eyes, looking down at the cards in her hand and calling to the super soldier, "Come on Steve, you've had three rounds already. And you guys take forever." She looked for her hand to the pile of cards that sat directly between her, Wanda, and Sam. Natasha and Rhodey were standing next to Steve and Vision, watching their game as Natasha cheered on Steve.

"It's good training for battle strategy." Steve argued, although they all knew the real reason. Steve hardly ever lost a game of chess, and so to be playing against a guy who knew practically everything was frustrating to him. "You should try it sometime."

"I think we prefer uno. Thanks." Wanda replied, looking from her cards to the card Hallie just laid down, cursing in romanian seeing the draw two symbol on the cards. "Căţea." Bitch.

"Smucitură." Jerk. Hallie replied. "That's what you get for skipping me three times. Karma's a bitch. Uno!" She added at the end, seeing Sam drop his second to last card onto the pile, beating him to the word.

Sam scowled at her, blowing a raspberry. "Is she always this competitive?" He asked Harley, who sits in a chair watching the fame between Vision and Steve as well.

"Yep." Harley answers. "And she always wins too."

"Not today." Sam argues, as Hallie notices the skip sign on the blue card, causing her to groan and Wanda to laugh in her face.

"Karma's a bitch." Wanda repeated her words, causing Hallie to narrow her eyes at her.

Over at the table, the group was giving small smiles, before Vision moved his piece having taken a while to decide. "Checkmate in three." He adds at the end, causing a startled look to cross Steve's face, turning his attention back to his own board game.

"Son of a bitch." Steve mutters under his breath.

"Language." Natasha cuts in, a smirk settling on her features as Steve turns to look at her, his, what Hallie liked to call, disappointed dad look, on his face. "It isn't ever going away." The red head teases, causing them all to laugh.

"I believe in you Cap." Sam calls.

"Thanks Sam."

Around the pile of cards Hallie narrows her eyes at the man, whispering under her breath, "Kiss butt." Sam shrugged, and still glaring at her sets down his card, Hallie's eyes moving to it a second later before cursing loudly at the sight of a draw four card.

Hallie's eyes briefly glance around the room to her friends. It was extremely odd. Two years ago she would never imagine being here. With people like them. They were heroes. And it was off to find that people were calling her one as well. It almost felt like she was caught in a dream. But dreams wouldn't have as many horrors as the past two years had held. She would've woken up by now. And she doubted she would ever be able to dream up something like this. Surrounded by people. All different, and yet all alike in motives.

"Hal." Sam called, and she looked over at him. "It's your turn."

She gave an evil smirk, dropping her card and saying, "Uno."

Across the building in the medical wing of the new Avengers facility, a steady beeping echoes around the room. Lying on the white bed, a blue eyed silver haired boy lies, still in his coma after the fight a month earlier. Nothing had changed in his state. He was alive but not fully. His condition had stopped getting better.

Suddenly, the steady beeping of the monitor changed. It began rising, beeping faster than average.

And then, something happened, as doctor's rushes around, trying to fix whatever they could.

His blue eyes opened.

( a / n ) : I don't know what's going on with this chapter. I just decided to make it fun and not, you know, sad and horrible. hope you enjoyed. also the next part is going to be a slight au before civil war so it might be shorter.