Chapter 25

===Chica's POV===

It's been a couple days since Foxy's been back and he's been acting strangely different. He's actually been spending time with all of us, and not just at band practice. He's been smiling too, laughing as well. It's like he's become an entirely new person after finally getting over Mangle. And seeing him like this, being happy and full of life, it's made me only fall more in love with him. I can't deny it any more. I can't suppress it another day. I have to tell him. I have to tell him how madly in love with him I am. When he was gone, I just felt sick, like some part of me was taken away. I didn't eat, didn't sleep, found myself constantly staring off into space just because it was so unbearably depressing being in the moment. Now that he's back though... I feel alive again.

"Hey Chica." Freddy catches my attention by surprise as he pops his head into my room. I must've been spacing out again because I didn't hear him knock.
"Hey, we're about to start practice, you coming or what?"

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute." I say, swinging my legs over the side of my bed. Freddy just gives me a nod and shuts the door as his footsteps retreat down the hallway towards the stairs. Carefully, I set my feet on the ground and stand up, going over to my mirror and take great care in examining how I look. I play with my hair a little till it's in the exact position that I think looks best. My attention shifts slightly down to my eyes. They looks bright again, with a dark magenta hue to them.

"Okay. I'm ready now." I say to myself as I pick up my drum sticks from the desk and heading downstairs where everyone, excluding Foxy sits about ready to get practice started.
"Where's Foxy?" I ask without trying to sound clingy or desperate.

"He said that he's going out, but would be back before practice starts." Bonnie says, practicing a riff on his unplugged guitar. The tone in his voice sounded annoyed, which is understandable, Foxy is late for practice, but something in my gut is telling me that it goes much deeper than that.
Before I can dwell in anymore thought on it, the front door opens and Foxy comes walking in.

"Hey guys sorry I'm late." He says taking off his jacket an hanging it on the coat hook. I'm about to say something when someone walks from out behind Foxy, and my heart drops into my stomach.
"Oh guys, this is Madison." He says motioning to the woman that walked out from behind him. Bonnie and Freddy both look up and look at her, then at Foxy with a surprised expression. But, by far, my surprise was more painful and confused that anyone else's.
He hair is a long wavy blonde and her eyes bright and wide having dark tones of a cali green. By all accounts she is beautiful... And a possible enemy.

===Foxy's POV===
~~~Three Hours Before~~~

"Hey! I'm going out! I'll be back before practice!" I shout through the house before closing the front door behind me with my guitar case in hand and my backpack hanging of one arm. Ever since I've been back I've just felt a lot lighter, a lot happier even. Without the guilt and anger that haunted me there nothing to weight me down. It's nice.
I've been spending a lot of time writing music. Not as much as I did before, when I wouldn't sleep, but enough to fill my days when I'm not busy with school work. I've found that everything I've written so far is becoming more upbeat and less like the anguish filled songs that I used to write. I can't write at home very much anymore, however. It still feels so cold in my room and a multitude of negative emotion still hangs thickly in the air. I might've gotten over Mangle, but the memories still remain and always will. Instead, I've found a new place to play and write without anyone disturbing me. A small cliff that over looks most of the college campus. There's a single, small tree that stands just nearly off the edge where I like to sit, even if it's not to write music or play.
As I make my way up a winding path, I can't help but feel like I'm being watched or even followed. I figure its just stress or something, but my instincts have never failed me. I decide it best to just shake it off and continue to walk.
The soft grass gives underneath my weight as I finally reach the spot and sit down next to the tree with my left side closest to the edge of the cliff.
I've been coming up here for a while now, just to get away from the noise and the overwhelming weight of all the emotions that hang heavy in that house.
It's much better up here. The view is amazing, and the air is thinner but its smell is something indescribable. The aroma of the flowers as well as the dying leaves mixed in with the soft breeze that always seems to be flowing through the tree branches helps clear my head, gives me new ideas for lyrics and melodies.
I'm not always alone though. Every now and again I'm joined as I write my songs in silence. A girl followed me up there one day. The very same that sits beside me now. It was such a strange and chance encounter, but all the same, I'm glad that I met her.

~~~5 Days Ago~~~

It's been only a week or so since I got home. I've spent a lot of my time just pouring myself into my music. Often times leaving the house and venturing up to a small cliffside I stumbled across one day. There is a single tree on the very edge of the cliff that I like to sit against while I strum gently on my guitar and every now and again taking a note in my notebook.

This is where I am now. My back against the rough bark of the single tree overlooking the school campus while the sun gently sets, illuminating the area in a bright and almost violent reddish-orange glow. I stare down into my journal, at the scribbling that lays on the pages. The words are somber, but the manner in which I play the song is more... vicious. Painfully sang. I consider the song I had written what feels like ages ago before picking up my guitar and practicing the chords that I wove together. The guitar hums quietly as I strum with the pads of my fingers. I mouth the words a bit as I continue to strum the guitar, but nearly jump out of my skin when a voice suddenly speaks to me from right behind me on the other side of the tree.

"That's a beautiful song. Did you write it yourself?" A female voice asks me from the other side of the tree. I breathe a sigh of relief and settle down a little, but respond.

"I did. A long time ago." I say closing the journal slightly afraid of this person taking it from me and reading its contents. It's probably an irrational fear, but a fear nonetheless.

"Does it have a name?" The woman asks me in a low and somewhat monotone voice.

"A Part of Me," I respond, and my answer seems to satisfies the woman.

"I would ask if I could hear it, but we haven't even exchanged names yet."

"I assume that has something to do with you sneaking up on me."

"I just saw that you were concentrating. I didn't want to interrupt." There is a long silence following this statement before the stranger talks again.
"I never thought that I would see someone else up here."

"Is this some secret area or something?" I ask setting my guitar to the side and resting against the tree.

"No. It's just... no one ever comes up here."

"Then I am the first. Is this your space?" I ask not really worried if this woman will try to kick me out or not.

"It is. But you're welcome to come anytime you like. As long as you agree to bring your guitar and play some songs for me." She says in a sarcastically snobbish tone.

"I don't even know your name."

"My name is Madison."

"And my name is Foxy." And in a hushed tone, one that I can barely hear, she speaks one again.

"I know."