Chapter 36

===Madison's POV===
"I'm sorry what?" I say a bit bewildered by the sudden forwardness of the man who always beats around the bush and has avoid the idea entirely.

"I said, will you go out on a date with me?" He asks again, his tone very soft and vulnerable as the words leave his lips. I stare into his eyes for some sign that he's joking, or rather, that he's attempting to make a joke. It's hard to tell sometimes when he's always so serious. In his eyes though, behind their beautiful stern hue of gold, there is nothing but a mind that has been made up. As if his connection to Mangle has been severed in such a short amount of time. What the hell is going on? First he tells me he's not ready to date because he is still reliving every golden moment he ever had with Mangle, as well as ever dark day, on a daily basis. Now. Well now he is essentially telling me that he's decided to finally move past all that insnared him and is finally able to move forward. God, this guy is weird, in a good way... I think... I don't know, that is certainly still up for debate. But goddammit, why did he have to do this now? In front of everyone, I mean. Aw fuck it, there is no sense in trying to figure out what is going on in that head of his. Perhaps now is the right time and he is ready, and all I need to do is take the leap of faith and fall into what I hope is his undivided love and attention. But god dammit, if he's going to ask me out, he is going to have to do it right.

"Madison?" Foxy taps a finger on my forehead once to break me away from the voice in my head and draw my attention back to him. I quickly clear my throat and get on my feet, taking his hand in mine and pulling him up off the couch.

"You really are strange Foxy, you know that?" He just stares at me a little perplexed by my sudden attitude switch up. All I can do is snicker at this, his face looks like that of a confused dog with its head tilted to the side.
"Look, just follow me, okay?" I let go of his hand and spin around, letting my hair swing and flow through the air while I walk away, heading further backstage. It takes a moment before he does give chase to me, leaving the other three no doubt confused. Though it's not hard to tell when I hear Freddy loudly whisper from behind us.

"What the hell just happened?" It's hard to hold back a laugh but I manage to restrain myself. My hand glides across the surface of the wooden banister as I ascend a set of stairs towards the roof, Foxy close in tow. His footsteps heavy as they ascend one or two steps behind me. Foxy... God knows I can't and certainly won't turn you down. I mean, for the short while we've known one another, I cannot say that I haven't fallen for you. I mean for fuck sake, one of the first few days we met, you showed me every one of your scars. The ones that have faded with time yet have continue to make you life a living hell. And I showed you mine. The ones that have almost claimed this life time and time again. To be honest with myself, I have no idea why I felt so compelled to share that part of my life with you. Yes, at first I did find you interesting, and maybe even entertaining, like a game. Always trying to figure out what the hell is going on inside that thick skull of yours, but always coming up empty handed. Now though... now... Well. Now I've gone and truly fallen for you. God dammit, who am I kidding, I'm head over heels for you now. So if you're going to ask me to become someone special and significant and close to your heart, then for fucks sake, you are going to do it right.

At the very top of the stairs lies a metal door with a push bar attached. I don't waste time, and I certainly don't want to waste anymore time, and push open the door. The air feels cool and gentle, with a slight breeze that whisks my hair in its sweet scented embrace. By now the sun has set, and the world around is dark, a few street lamps as well as the millions of city lights off in the distance glint and glimmer as if stars millions of light years away, exempt from such darkness.
I venture over to the edge of the roof facing towards the beautiful cityscape, my feet crunching the loose rocky gravel, and breathe a light airy sigh at the sight. Every one of those lights is a person. Someone who is living and breathing, each with their own thoughts, feeling and emotions. Any number of the women among that population could've been the one that he wanted to share his love with, yet instead, it's me. I'm the one he's chosen to attempt to love again.