Chapter 40

~~~Madison's POV~~~

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" I scream at Foxy with a disgusting bitterness on my words. "YOU REALLY JUST SAT THERE AND LET HIM DO THAT TO YOU!" His face screams confusion and fear, something reminiscent of a trauma response. The sight of it makes me even more angry than I already am. "WHAT? ARE YOU AFRAID THAT IM GOING TO HIT YOU LIKE BONNIE DID?" Though his eye is still slightly swollen and he looks as though he was just run over by a truck, I can see the fear so plainly. Wide like a deer in headlights.

"Why are you screaming at me? What did I do wrong?" He pleads in a desperate voice. Keeping himself small and confined within himself, as if I were going to strike him. "What did you want me to do? Hurt my friend over something he doesn't understand?"

"That would've been preferable to seeing my boyfriend beaten to a pulp!" I calm my voice a little, my throat having gone rather hoarse. "Defending yourself would've been better than just taking abuse like that!" He still looks confused, scared, still having yet understand the point that I am trying to make. 

"He's my friend Madison. I didn't want to hurt him!" He raises his voice ever so slightly, trying to press his point and get me to side with this ridiculous notion that he's convinced himself is the truth.

"You've already said that! Stop repeating yourself!" I scream back at him, his rise in voice setting my temper right off again. 

"That was only the second time that I said that!" He yells back, spreading himself out a little and looking less like a pitiful little being.
"Why are you being like this!" 

"Why did you have to go and let yourself get beat up!"

"Now you're the one repeating yourself!" Of course I notice the hypocrisy, but I'm going to back down and let him win like that.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! YOU ARE BEING FUCKING CRAZY!" Now the yelling match is in full swing. Inside of those eyes I see something snap, a mental thread keeping him calm.

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME CRAZY, I'M NOT FUCKING CRAZY!"

"YOU ARE BEING CRAZY! WHAT IF I WAS CHICA? WHAT IF I WAS CHICA AND I TRIED TO BEAT YOU UP? WOULD YOU JUST LAY DOWN AND TAKE THAT?" 

"YES I WOULD BECAUSE SHE IS MY FRIEND AND I WOULD NEVER HIT HER!"

"WHY? BECAUSE SHE'S A DEFENSELESS GIRL? IS THAT IT?"

"WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!" I guess I threw him off balance with that.

"WHY ARE YOU BEING DEFENSIVE? WHAT DO YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR HER?"

"WHat? What? No, I don't have feelings for her?" His voice grows quiet again, and he starts to shrink away from me, seeming to have been disarmed. 

"YES YOU DO! I SEE HOW YOU TALK TO HER! YOU CALL HER YOUR SISTER, BUT THAT'S NOT REALLY THE CASE IS IT?" I push him farther, pressing him down and putting him on the defensive.

"That is the case, Madison. She's like family to me, the whole band is like family to me." I don't want to hear it though. He's way too close to her for it to be some freak coincidence.

"THEN CUT HER OFF!" The look in his eyes turns from that pitiful fear, to a somber hue of sorrow.
"Cut her off and apologize for yelling at me."