Chapter 1

"𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎."

===Foxy's POV===

Hell. Such a familiar place for me to be in. Hell. That suffering I once so used to is now so foreign and painful ever since I had to leave Mangle behind. I'm still tortured by her memory even after two years of us being apart. I'm still haunted by the words Springtrap spoke to me. He told me to take care of her. But how can I when whenever I look at her I see the face of another man I've killed? I've been broken, but never like this before.

"Hey! Earth to Foxy!" Bonnie exclaims waving his hand in front of my face. I take notice that I've been looking aimlessly at a page in my journal, filled to the brim with writing. My writing. Writing of suffering. Heartache and loss. I quickly close the book and look up at my three roommates who all gather around the couch where I am sitting. Looks of odd concern on their features.

"What?" I ask a little bitter I was taken away from my thoughts and dismay.

"Foxy you haven't moved for like two hours," Freddy says. "We're supposed to be practicing right now if you recall we have a gig tomorrow night."

"Yeah man, we need our lead singer." Bonnie chimes in again, but Chica remains silent. "What were you doing anyway?" I can feel my face become flustered with annoyance and a little rage as I wrap my leather notebook up with its leather strap.

"Nothing. Let's just practice."

"God finally!" They all seem to exclaim at once.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎
==================

The price of love is heavy. The price of love is crippling. The price of love will take everything you've ever loved away from you. That is the price of love. I love Mangle, but that love I still feel came at a great cost. It took away my happiness. It's taken away my will to carry on, so why do I? Why do I continue to suffer this heartache and agony voluntarily? Because I deserve to feel this pain. I deserve to feel this regret. I deserve to be in a hell of my own making. That is the price I had to pay for love. Maybe I'm just not meant to be happy.

"What do you think he's thinking about now?" I can hear the others whispering behind me. They never really left me alone after the incident with... she who will not be named. Never have they talked to me directly about it, but I always knew the bush they were beating around. I try my best to drown out the noise they're making while we walk to class. I don't know why they insist on walking with me, especially if I'm not going to say anything at all. I'm glad they don't bother me with it. I'm glad that they are letting me burn in this pitiful agony. Every now and then I just can't stand them. This is one of those times.

"Can you three just shut up!" I snarl at them from over my shoulder, shooting a hateful and spiteful stare over my shoulder. They stop immediately and look towards me with horror strewn across their faces. They apologize quickly and seem to shrink away from me, putting distance between us. Why they even continue to be around me after everything I've said and done to them... It's a miracle that they consider me a friend. Even if I wasn't so horrible to them, I could never open up to them about this. I could never explain to them this pain that I am in. They couldn't understand this pain that is slowly, but surely, killing me. Slowly destroying the shadow of a man I've become. Slowly consuming me until there is nothing left.

==================

"He's been in there since we got back. Someone needs to say something." I can hear as all three of them talk about me in the common area of our shared apartment.

"Is this you volunteering?" I can hear Bonnie say to Freddy in a fearful cowardice. Immediately Freddy backs down saying that he doesn't want his head bitten off and I can't blame him for it.

"Oh will you two man up already!" Chica exclaims, but even her confidence, which seems to appear and disappear at random, sounds shaky. Drowning them out, I turn over in my bed to face the wall. I trace the cracks in the wall with my eyes. The same cracks I've been staring at for months on end. This is all my life has become. I go to be late. I wake up early. Go to class, spend hours a day bored out of my mind. Everything I've "learned" has been meaningless to me; basic fro me. Then it's come home, lay in bed and stare at the wall. Listen to the voices out there and I here.

I see him sometimes. Springtrap. Sometimes he just sits there. Across my room. Staring at me. Not with anger. Not with disgust, but rather with satisfaction. The satisfaction that I killed him, and he was the reason that Mangle and I broke up. Other times though, he talks to me. Laughs at me. At how pathetic I've become. But it is never out of anger. Never put of hatred. When I think back on his final words. That final look in his eyes. He was happy to die. He wanted to die. He wanted me to kill him. He knew what this was going to do to Mangle and me.

"It's so pathetic you know. Just watching you lay there. Moping. Wating for a certain death that isn't going to come. Waiting for her to call you, waiting for her to come to you. But you know. You know that you're only going to turn her away because all you'll see..." I turn over and look at my desk chair where a faded silhouetted Springtrap sits. That classic, devilish smile on his lips. A calm dead look in his eyes. "is me."

"What do you want now?" I ask turning back towards the wall. My tone dead, lifeless. 

"I just want to see you suffer. I enjoy it. Watching as you squirm. I enjoy watching you as you bash your fists against the wall in anger. It's... intoxicating." I can hear the smile on his face. I can hear the malice in his voice.

"Just go away," I say quietly, closing my eyes and trying to wish him away. But he doesn't go away. He only gets closer. His voice only gets louder. "GO AWAY!" I scream and turn over to find a frightened Chica standing in my doorway. Shivering in fear. I can feel my face turn slightly softer as Chica rushes out the open door. Dammit, Springtrap. Damn you to hell.

Well everyone here we are. The first chapter of The Price of Love. Im so excited to be writing this for you all. I had so much fun with Before I Shatter. I learned a lot about how I like to write and what I like to write about. I hope you all love this book as much as you loved Before I Shatter. Thank all so much for your support.

-Rontu-Aru