Chapter 8

===Foxy's POV===

"Say what you're going to say." I demand with a harsh but monotone style after I take my seat across the table from Golden Freddy. He stammers a little, trying to collect his thoughts in time before I get fed up and leave.

"I know you must be... confused, but let me explain." He finally starts cupping a fist into his other hand. It's strange, looking into this persons eyes, I can tell that what he is about to say is the purest form of the truth.
"You see... I hated my step-brother." Golden Freddy's sudden bluntness catches me a little off guard but he doesn't notice and continues on.
"He was cruel and abusive and manipulative. He always put his dirty work onto me, threatening to do unthinkable things to me if I didn't exactly as he asked... When he was hiding out from the cops... He told me that I had to... Keep tabs... on you." Immediately the rage rises to my throat and I jump up from my seat and grab him by the collar, pinning him to the wall. I speak with as much restraint as I can, which isn't very much, through my clenched teeth.

"So it was you! You were the one that was watching me!" I yell as I raise a tightly balled fist, but he stops me by holding out his hands and begging me not to.

"Wait! Please hear me out!" I don't let him go, but keep him pinned against the wall with my forearm over his throat. Speaking still through clenched teeth.

"Talk."

"I-I never wanted to do those things! I swear! He forced me to! Said that if I didn't that he would ruin any shot I had at scholarships!" I don't budge but apply more pressure to his throat.

"Why should I believe you!"For a second he begins to stammer again, gasping a little under the weight of my arm, before coughing out his answer.

"Because if you didn't, I would've been the one to pull the trigger!" Though not entirely convinced, I drop my arm and let him down. Golden Freddy rubs his neck a little, still wary of my anger and rage. Though, if were him, I'd be afraid too.
"You must understand, everything that I did for Springtrap... My hand was forced. I never wanted to do any of those things. At first, I thought I was just helping my older brother out. But it soon turned into... well, you get the idea."

"You really hated your brother?" I ask a little more sure that everything that he's been telling me is true. That he really did hate his brother. If I was to do that to Scarlett... Would she hate me? Would she want me dead? Would she want to kill me herself? I just sigh and take my seat again. Golden Freddy merely nods in response and takes his seat again as well.

"I did. I still do... But. That hatred... It also came with guilt. For a long time I held onto that guilt. Let it rule my life. It kept me awake at night so many times... I look at you now and see those bags under your eyes. The desolation in your soul. Your rage is spiraling out of control. I saw your fight the other day and watched as you were dragged away thrashing about. Nashing your teeth..." He pauses for a moment, judging my reaction. My face remains cold and stern. I feel distant.
"I saw a monster... Let go of the guilt you feel. Let go of the anger and hatred you feel. Because if you don't, eventually you will become that monster... Indefinitely." He gets up from his seat, pushing in his chair while I raise my eyes to him.

"For a first-year college student, you're pretty wise." I say simply and without emotion in my voice or eyes. Golden Freddy looks down at me with a small smile on his face.

"Well, I am a philosophy major." He cracks a laugh before setting down a twenty-dollar bill to cover everything that we had ordered and walking out into the early night.