Chapter 17

===Foxy's POV===

"Where were these past few days Mr. Aru?" My mathematics professor asks after telling me that he needed to see me after class. The others were a little worried that I got told to stay behind, but after telling them that I would be fine, they trusted my word and went on without me.

"I... I'm sorry Professor Hardin, I have no excuse for missing class... I was going through a few things, but I swear that I won't miss class again." I respond, bowing my head a little to show my sincerity. He quietly stares at me from his chair, not saying anything for a moment.

"Foxy," Professor Hardin takes off the reading glasses he wears and folds them up before setting them on his desk.
"You've been an amazing student this past year. You've been one of the highest-scoring students, and I would hate for you to end up flunking my class because you miss more classes. I expect great things from you so don't miss class again and disappoint me." With his words spoken, he dismisses me and I hastily make my way out of the room breathing a heavy sigh of relief. I have to carry on like nothing happened. I have to try and live normally, but what does that even look like for me? The only sense of normalcy that I had to my name was when I was with Mangle. Before her, I was angry at the world. After her, I was so angry at myself. These past few days I've been blinded by anger for her, but now? Now I just feel so... numb

"Hey, Foxy what happened in there?" Freddy asks as soon as I walk out the door. It's just him and I standing in the hallway with a plethora of other students passing us by, but no Bonnie or Chica.

"Oh, nothing. He was just saying that he doesn't want me to flunk out." I say with a small shrug, my voice sounding a bit monotone. Freddy stares me down for just a moment with an eyebrow raised.

"Right... How are you doing, by the way?" He asks crossing his arms, a look on his face that says, hey, don't try to lie to me. I think to myself for a moment. Taking note of what I'm feeling, but there isn't much there. I squint my eyes just a bit and give another small shrug.

"Honestly, I..." I stop myself before I spill the lack of emotion that I'm feeling, feeling my hand start to ball into a fist and my fingernails dig deeply into my palm as if I'm angry that I can't seem to feel much of anything.
"Honestly, I'm alright." I finally say, forcing a small smile. Freddy merely gives a sigh, obviously knowing that I'm lying. 

"Foxy, don't start shutting us out again after you just started opening up again. I get it, you're hurting and feel like you can't really trust anyone. But dammit, you can't shut up again after opening-up like you did last night!" He exclaims heaving a heavy sigh afterward, not wanting to blow up at me.
"Look, man. Baby steps. You don't have to open up all at once but try to start letting us in more. You already cracked the door open, just open it a little at a time, alright?" He finishes placing a hand on my shoulder, a friendly look in his eyes. I keep myself from saying anything at first, just kinda staring blankly at him.

"Alright... I'll try." I respond quietly before he and I start heading towards home.

===============

"Alright guys, and lady," Bonnie starts while he stands in the center of the living room while the rest of us sit on the couch.
"What movie are we gonna watch for movie night?" He's cheerful with a bright smile on his face and eagerness in his voice.

"You all can pick the movie, I don't really mind." Chica says a little timidly, shrinking back into the couch. This is normal for her, to just be a spectator for most things. At least I still find it ironic that she is the drummer for our band. Freddy and Bonnie start going back and forth trying to come up with a suitable option for tonight while I do exactly what Chica is doing, just spectating, fine with whatever outcome.