Chapter 32

~~~Mangle's POV~~~

To say that my mind has been in a fury of thoughts, feelings, and emotions would be a vast understatement. Roxy and me. How the hell does something like that even happen? Was it just a one-night thing? Was it just meaningless sex for me and more for her, or was it meaningless to her and something more to me? I don't even know my own feelings on this. I'm so confused about what this means for me. 

"Hey, Mangle. Earth to Mangle! What is going on with you? You've been staring at me with those wide eyes for the past five minutes. It's starting to freak me out." TC says, rubbing her arm and displaying obvious signs of discomfort. Plainly and without so much as a care to try ease the conversation in the general direction of my thoughts, I just spit everything out.

"I had sex with Roxy the night of the party." My expression is blank, if not a bit alarmed. My eyes still remain wide as the veil of awkwardness immediately surrounds us. Toy Chica's expression doesn't change for a second before it finally clicks in her head and her eyes light up.

"You did what!" Her sudden outburst makes me jump and place a hand over her mouth to keep her from yelling more.

"Yes, I did. I was really drunk and sad, and I don't know what happened. I remember dancing when she came up to me and started dancing with me... and then she kissed me."

"She kissed you, or did you kiss her?" She asks calmly while removing my hand from her mouth.

"She kissed me, but I have no idea what any of this means. I mean, I've never been with a woman nor has it been something I have ever considered." TC thinks for a moment, tapping on her cup of coffee and narrowing her eyes.

"Well... I guess the most important thing to think about is if you regret it. Past relationships and relationship styles aside, do you regret doing... that with her?" Her question does get me thinking, not only about the matter at hand but also the tone in which she asked it. There was some tone of... hope... relief... I don't know, something seems off about it, but I can't be focusing on that right now when I'm currently in a panic state.

"I mean... I don't really remember it. Only feelings really... really overwhelming feelings. As far as regret goes though... I don't think I do. But what does that mean for me? Does this make me Bisexual now?"

"Not unless that's what you want to be. You can choose to remain straight, but if find yourself attracted to more than just the opposite gender then you really have to consider if that's how you want to remain... Basically, it's up to you. It's your choice and no choice is the wrong one. Just be whoever you want to be." Her words are well-grounded in reality and it's comforting to hear that whatever happened doesn't mean that something is wrong inside of me. I can't recall ever being attracted to other women, but maybe something has changed. Maybe this is a part of me becoming a full-fledged adult.

"Thanks, TC. I needed to hear that..." I pause for a moment, a little embarrassed to ask.
"Hey... could I get Roxy's number?" I say with a weak smile and a nervous chuckle. TC just laughs and takes my phone for a minute before giving it back with a number plugged into my text messages. I stare quietly at the screen for a while, deciding what the best thing to say would be, but I'm too nervous to come up with anything and I think TC could sense that. She snatches my phone and before I can steal it back or make any objections, she types up a message and hits send. When I do manage to grab it back from her grubby hands, I berate her while reading what she wrote.

Hey Roxy, this is Mangle

"It's simple, but with Roxy simple works." My heart feels as though it has sunk into my stomach when I see an icon pop up to let me know that Roxy is messaging back. I go into a small panic before her message appears.

Hey Mangle, what's going on?

I'm a little relieved and start to text back.

Nothing much, just having coffee with TC. She gave me your number, hope that's okay 😅

Of course it is. If she didn't give you mine, I would've twisted her arm to give me yours 😉😉

I can feel my face burning as my cheeks turn red and TC just laughs. One good slug to the arm gets her to shut up and Roxy and I just keep texting back and forth, while I completely ignore TC.

~~~Foxy's POV~~~

"Alright, guys this is it. If we're going to be doing this, we have to be serious. So no goofing around and no going off on your own. We play exactly as we practice. Keep everything neat and tight, got it?" I say sternly as we all are getting our equipment ready backstage.

"Yeah man, we got it the last hundred times you've told us. We're going to do everything just like we practiced and there are not going to be any unplanned solos or anything. Now could you stop, Freddy's nerves can only take so much." Bonnie says gesturing to Freddy who, like always, is pacing back and forth while fidgeting with the stings on his bass. He's never going to get over this, is he? It's surprising that he's the one who started this band when his stage fright won't have him stop moving for more than a few seconds.

"Everything will be fine Foxy, we're taking this just as seriously as you are." Chica pipes up while twirling a drumstick between her fingers.

"I'm sorry. I just want this to go well enough to where we make it to the finals and get picked up by some label." I say letting out a sigh and running my hand through my hair.

"And it will. Our sound is good, our timing is good, vocals are perfect. We got this man. Don't stress too much or you'll end up like him." Bonnie says again pointing back at Freddy who is not remotely listening to the conversation, but I'm not worried about him going off track.

"Alright, if we're on the same page, I'm going to go check with the sound guy, make sure everything is in order."

"Don't bother him too much man, or he might turn off everything while we're performing," Bonnie says with a laugh, but I'm not really in a laughing mood. Everything has to be perfect. Everything will be perfect or I'm going to raise a lot of hell.

~~~Mangle's POV~~~

So I'm not doing anything tonight, and there's supposed to be this battle of the band's thing going on tonight. You wanna go with me?

A date? Is she asking me out on a date? Do I ask her if this is a date, or do I try and gauge it while we're there?

I'd love to 😄😄

I respond before I have time to finish combing through my mind.

Great, then it's a date

Well... That answers that I guess.