Chapter 35: Future

****Natalie's POV****

"When am I going to get a cousin?" Nolan pouted, sitting on my lap while I watched TV. I looked down at the four year old and shrugged, tilting my head in Zayn's direction. 

"Why don't you ask Zayn," I replied simply, hearing Zayn coming into the room. 

"Hey now, what's this about a cousin? Why do you want a cousin?" Zayn asked coming in and plopping down next to me on the couch. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before giving his undivided attention to Nolan. 

"I need someone to play with!" he said as if Zayn was stupid. Zayn looked hurt as he ran his hand swiftly through his dark locks. 

"Aren't Nat and I fun to play with?" he asked and Nolan took a deep breath and nodded. 

"But sometimes I wanna play with a friend my age," he replied, clearly trying not to hurt our feelings. I kissed his head and gave him a squeeze. Harry and Jessica had already decided that having another child was not really an option any time soon. Jess was usually out of town for modeling, and Harry had his obligations too; so Zayn and I were the ones normally in charge of Nolan during the week. 

"Alright, we've had enough talk for one night don't you think? Time for bed," I smiled, picking up Nolan and carrying him down the hall to the guest room he'd claimed as his own. I tucked him in and just looked at him for a minute. It had always been my dream to have my very only child; even when I was blind! I kissed his forehead and sighed as I left the room. Zayn was waiting for me in the hallway with sympathy written across his eyes. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck and gazing up into his eyes. 

"You want a baby," he whispered, his forehead pressing against mine with his eyes shut. 

"Don't you want to be a dad? We've been married for two years now. We're as ready as we're ever going to be," I replied softly and he sucked in a deep breath. 

"You know I want to have a family with you Nat, but my career is at its peak. I mean, look at Nolan for pete's sake! Jess and Harry are always gone almost every night. I don't want that for my kids," he explained and I sighed, giving my head away to a small nod. 

"We're going to have a family. I promise."

****

A year later I was walking in the door to my house, anxiously waiting for Zayn to bring in the baby carrier

"I wanna see her!" Nolan whined pulling on my yoga pants. I looked down at him and smiled. 

"Nolan, stop bugging Nat," Jessica laughed, walking over and grabbing Nolan. She sat back down next to Harry and Nolan snuggled in next to his parents. Zayn came up to the door and smiled at me. 

"Go sit down babe," he murmured against my lips. I scampered over to the couch and in between Jessica and Niall. Zayn walked over and took out our daughter and gently set her down in my arms. It had only been a few minutes since I'd held her, but I loved her so much. 

"She looks like you," Niall whispered, and I could hear Nolan whispering quietly in the background.

"You want to hold your cousin Nolan?" I asked turning to him and he looked to his mother anxiously. She smiled with a nod and he sat back holding his arms out. Harry put his arms under Nolan's as I set Alyssa in his arms.

"You two made one of the cutest babies ever," Liam gushed leaning over the back of the couch to gaze at my daughter. I beamed down at my little bundle of joy before focusing my attention back to Zayn. He kissed my forehead and wrapped an arm tightly around my waist.