Chapter 32

****Natalie’s POV****

“I never got to say goodbye!” I cried out and I sat down bringing my knees into my chest and looking at the sparkling ring on my finger.

“We were gonna get married,” I whispered stroking the ring and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun around and saw Zayn smiling at me. I jumped up and held onto him as he held me tightly.

“I love you,” were the first three words to immediately leave my lips. He kissed my head and he wiped my tears.

“No, don’t cry baby,” he whispered holding my face and he smiled at me while I played with his hair. He wrinkled his nose and grabbed my hands. I laughed as he quickly fixed his hair before looking at me.

“I love you, and I will see you soon,” he smiled kissing me and then my nose.

“No, stay with me,” I whimpered and he sighed holding me tight.

“I can't sweetheart, but I won't be gone for long,” he replied twirling me around before kissing me one last time. I nodded and watched as he slowly disappeared from my sight and a pair out two bright headlights came toward me with girls throwing rocks out the window screaming.

“You can’t have him!”

“Marrying a former blind girl?”

“He’s mine!”

I opened my eyes panting and I turned to see Zayn sleeping in the chair next to the hospital bed. I looked around frantically to see my body hooked up to all kinds of different needles and tubes. Tears were falling down my face as I recalled the car driving me into a ditch. I looked down and saw Zayn’s hand wrapped loosely around my own. I started rubbing my thumb against his hand gently and I saw him stir and his eyelids flutter. He opened his eyes and he took a deep breath before his eyes grew wide and he spun around and saw me. He burst into tears and grabbed me as his kissed me all over.

“Oh baby, oh thank goodness,” he whispered kissing my neck and then he trailed back up to my lips.

“Don’t hate them. They love you guys so much, and I got in the way,” I whimpered holding Zayn’s face and he searched my face with concern and worry on his face.

“What are you talking about?” he asked taking my hands from his face and clutching them tightly.

“The directioners….they’re the ones who drove me off the road,” I spoke and I saw Zayn’s face turn from worry to pure anger.

“My fans did this to you because they didn’t want us to get married or be together?” Zayn asked standing up and I tried to sit up, but it hurt too much.

“It’s my fault…I was a directioner once. I know how they get. They’d do anything,” I cried and he stared at me shaking his head.

“These are not fans, they’re haters and I don’t want to be associated with them anymore,” he spoke with hot tears running down his cheeks.

“Please just stay with me. I need you,” I whispered and he hesitated, but nodded coming over and collapsing in the small bed with me.

“Are you mad about the car?” I asked playing with his hand and he chuckled softly kissing my head.

“I could care less about the car. As long as you’re okay nothing else matters,” he spoke against my lips and I smiled looking at him.

“I’ll be right back babe, I’m gonna go and call a few people alright?” he asked and I nodded as he kissed me before he left the room, but as soon as he left all the other boys and Jessica piled in crying and hugging me.