Chapter 29

Hello babies (: Updating for y'all!! xx

****Zayn’s POV****

I can’t describe how it felt to hold her in my arms. I was nearly trembling against her touch. I lifted her chin and wiped away the hot tears rolling off her cheekbones.

“I will never, ever hurt you again Natalie. I know it’s hard to believe me, but I’m serious. I’d never dream of hurting you,” I whispered looking into her eyes and she bit her lip.

“I love you,” she whimpered pulling my head down so our lips could meet at long last. She touched my wrist and pulled away holding my wrist in her hand.

“What is this?” she asked pointing to the scars on my wrists. I pulled away from her and shook my head.

“Zayn! You did that to yourself?” she asked and now I saw guilt and hurt in her eyes.

“It made the pain go away,” I whispered and she held my face in her small hands and she shook her head softly.

“Don’t do that to yourself,” she barely whispered and I nodded pulling her lips back to mine. She hugged me tightly and I rubbed her back. It felt like it was just another dream I was having. I thought that in a moment she’d disappear and I’d wake up in tears once more.

“Natalie?” I asked and she looked at me.

“You’ll be my girlfriend again right?” I asked and she smiled relieved and she nodded gently. We both wiped our eyes and I took a deep breath.

“So what have I missed?” I asked and she sighed sitting down on the couch.

“Everything,” she mumbled softly and I kissed her head.

“Here’s an idea…why don’t we see how well you drive your new car?” I asked and she looked at me excitedly.

“You don’t mean,” she started, but I nodded and handed her the keys to my sports car. She jumped up and ran outside staring at the white car.

“You’re really going to let a former blind drive this?” she asked and I rolled my eyes playfully as I got into the passenger’s seat. I was a bit nervous…

“Your mom let you drive that,” I replied pointing to the run down mini van and she chuckled softly as she got in the driver’s seat. It was weird the way things were “better” now. Of course, we weren’t nearly as close as we were before, but we’d work up to that!

“Brace yourself,” she spoke as she started the car. I gripped my seat casually so I wouldn’t freak her out as she backed into the street.

“This is a nice car,” Natalie giggled as she drove down the street. She was actually a pretty good driver! Better than me probably!

“Well it’s your car now, so take care of it,” I warned her and she laughed nodding as she came to a stoplight. She reached over and took my hand and I bit my lip.

“Zayn?” she asked softly as she started driving again and I looked over at her.

“Hmm?” I hummed softly and she took her hand away from mine.

“Why did you do it? Really,” she whispered as she turned sharply. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath.

“I missed you. I went out and started drinking. I got caught up in the moment. Jessica and I were beyond drunk and we just hooked up. It had no meaning,” I whispered softly and I looked at her and saw her fiddling with her hands.

“Keep your hands on the wheel,” I spoke quickly and she gripped the wheel.

“You liked Jessica when you first met her,” Natalie whimpered and I saw her speeding through a yellow light.

“Nat…calm down. I love you. I don’t know what it’s going to take for you to realize that,” I spoke and I saw her relax a bit. I took a deep breath. There were a few different things I was going to have to do...