Chapter 13

So guys I just wrote chapters 19 and 20...holy moly....get ready for the 2nd plot twist soon. xx

****Jessica’s POV****

Zayn came in with a blindfold and I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face. He was absolutely perfect for her.

“Zayn! The stage is over here!” I called and I saw him and Natalie both smile. I hoped that maybe today we could all mend things over a little dinner date at Harry’s flat. I walked over to Natalie and I knew she knew I was standing there. She jumped on me and I smiled hugging her tightly.

“I’m so sorry Nat. I never meant to do that to you,” I whispered in her ear and she kissed my cheek.

“It’s okay, just promise never to do it again,” she replied and I squeezed her tightly.

“Would you two like to come over for a dinner date tonight?” I asked and they both nodded. I smiled and hugged Zayn.

“Thank you for helping her and doing all this for her. I’ve never seen someone so devoted to her like this,” I whispered in his ear and he smiled.

“I love her Jess, I think I really do. I fell in love with you at one point, but it was short lived,” Zayn joked and I punched him playfully.

“Alright, get up there and rehearse,” I spoke helping him up onto the stage. I turned around and went to sit by Natalie. It was crazy that everyone was okay again. I think that after Liam and I spoke up at rehearsal yesterday, that everyone sort of realized it wasn’t worth fighting about.

“How have you been?” I asked Natalie as I plopped down next to her. She smiled and took a deep breath.

“He’s amazing,” was all she breathed, but I saw tears in her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and she shrugged wiping her eyes.

“He’s going through all the trouble to be blind, but I can't go through all the trouble to see him,” she blubbered into my shirt and I hugged her tight.

“It’s okay Natalie, he loves you and that isn’t going to change,” I replied and she pulled away shaking her head as she tried to wipe away more tears.

“How can he stand to be in a relationship with someone who can't even see him? With someone who can't even do everything he can?” she shouted and the boys on stage stopped singing and Zayn pulled his blindfold off. He stared over at us as Natalie sat down in the seat and cried. I’d never seen her so insecure and lost before. Zayn came off the stage and held her tightly in his arms.

****Natalie’s POV****

I felt Zayn lift me up and he took me out of the venue and sat with me.

“We talked about this before we left babe,” Zayn whispered holding my face and I nodded gently.

“I just…I think I love you Zayn, and I wish I could just see the man I love. Not that it would change how I already feel about you…if anything I’d probably be more attracted to you. I don’t know if I can go through my life not being able to see your face though,” I whispered as his thumb glided against my cheek.

“We’ll go tomorrow and talk to the doctor okay? I don’t like seeing you like this,” he whispered kissing all over my face.

“I’m sorry I’m being so insecure…this is all just so new,” I replied holding onto me tightly. He kissed me quickly and brushed the hair out of my eyes.

“Shh, it’s okay. I understand,” he cooed while I snuggled up against him.

“Come on, let’s go back inside. I don’t want you to worry anymore okay?”  Zayn asked and I nodded against him. He helped me up and back inside to sit by Jessica. Jessica wrapped her arms tightly around me and I heard Zayn making his way back up to the stage.

“Sorry Jess,” I mumbled against her shirt and she squeezed me.

“Don’t apologize, you have nothing to apologize for,” she whispered rubbing my back gently.

“I’ve never been like this Jess. I’m scared. Why do I want to see so bad?” I asked and Jessica sighed.

“Because you’re in love,” she whispered and I took a deep breath. I was in love. Who would’ve thought that a blind girl could fall in love? I heard the boys stop singing and I heard Zayn coming toward me.

“We’re going to your flat right?” Zayn asked as he lifted me into his arms.

“Yep,” Harry replied and I felt a big hand on my back. I knew it was Harry’s.

“But if Nat doesn’t feel good, we can postpone,” Harry whispered, but I shook my head. Hanging out with people was just what I needed.