Chapter 28

Moving right along babies (: xx

****Zayn’s POV****

I walked around the hospital calling my mum and family to tell them they didn’t have any grandkids yet. I let my fingers hover over Natalie’s name. I wondered if I should tell her…it’s not like she would even consider getting back together with me. I sighed slipping the phone into my pocket and heading upstairs to check on how everyone was doing. When I got upstairs I heard Harry talking. Good, Jessica was up. I walked into the room and my eyes immediately locked onto Natalie. Why the hell was Natalie here? My heart quickened and I looked down to see her holding Nolan.

“H-hi,” I stammered and she looked down, but gave me a small nod.

“Why are you here?” I asked a bit confused and she sighed softly as she looked at Nolan.

“To see the baby,” she whispered very quietly and she smiled at the baby.

“You know…if you would’ve waited for me, we could’ve had this,” she spoke looking at Nolan and pressing a kiss to his delicate forehead. Harry rubbed her back very gently as I saw a tear roll off her nose. Jessica stirred in her bed and I watched as her eyes peeled open. She looked at me and then at Harry.

“Natalie,” she burst in surprise and Natalie looked up at Jessica. Harry took Nolan very carefully from Natalie and he went to the nursery…I guess we were about to have the talk we should’ve had a year ago…

****Jessica’s POV****

“We need to talk…all three of us,” Natalie whispered fumbling with the hem of her jeans.

“Natalie, I don’t think I can ever apologize enough for what I did. It was all my fault. I’m the one who got drunk first and took Zayn out on the floor. If you have to be mad at anybody it’s me…I mean we had sex yeah, but it was not by choice and I think we’ve tried to express that over this past year. I’m in love with Harry though Natalie. I would never sabotage our friendship to get with Zayn. I swear to you,” I broke down and started crying softly. I’d been holding it all in for so long. I’d waited to tell that to Natalie for a year.

“And I already told you how much I loved you Natalie. I’m absolutely, insanely miserable without you. I made a mistake, and I'm so sorry about it. If I could take it back, I would in a heartbeat, but I can't Natalie. I can’t,” Zayn whispered trying to fight the tears lining his eyes.

“I just wish you would’ve told me. If you would’ve just told me the night after you did it…then I wouldn’t have cared, but the fact that you two were never planning on telling anyone…that’s what really bothers me,” Natalie spoke wiping the corners of her eyes.

“I was going to tell you Natalie. I planned on telling you, but you had your surgery and I couldn’t bring myself to tell you right before or after the surgery,” I choked out and Zayn nodded in agreement.

“And if you need reassuring that he loves you Nat…he has not gone out with one girl the entire year. He never shut up about you either. Liam always gave us updates. I hated myself the morning I woke up Nat. You have no idea. Sure, I was angry and horrified that I’d betrayed Harry, but I was more horrified that I betrayed you…because I knew you so much longer than him and your happiness meant so much to me,” I whispered and I saw her look down trying to avoid my gaze.

“Look…I know nothing will ever be the same, but I can't live without you Natalie…and that’s a fact,” Zayn spoke and she glanced at him quickly.

“I need some time to think about it. I’ve got to go,” Natalie whispered grabbing her jacket and rushing out of the room as fast as she could. Zayn looked at me and I sighed as Harry came back in without Nolan.

“He’s sleeping,” Harry whispered coming over and kissing my forehead.

“How was it?” he asked rubbing my hand and Zayn sat down on the couch looking like death.

“How do you think it went? She only said one thing and then she left,” I replied softly as I looked at Zayn.

“I think I’m just gonna go home…call me if you need anything,” Zayn whispered standing up and I nodded.

“Thanks for being there for me Zayn,” I called before he left and he gave me a slight head nod before he left. Poor Zayn…

****Natalie’s POV****

I sat on the couch messing with the fabric and tapping away at my phone deciding whether or not to text Zayn. I wanted him so bad…I just couldn’t let him know that yet. I’d acted like I wasn’t miserable…but I was. I so was. I cried about Zayn everyday wishing he was there. I hated being mad at him, but I couldn’t help but be mad.

“Listen, I’ve been at the hospital all day and it hasn’t been that great, I really don’t wanna talk right now,” Zayn spoke coming in the house on his phone. He had his eyes closed and when he opened them he almost dropped the phone.

“I’ll call you later Niall,” Zayn whispered while his eyes stayed planted on mine. I stood up and he took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry I just kinda showed up unexpectedly,” I rambled and he shook his head waving it off.

“It’s not a problem,” he spoke softly and I looked down playing with my hands.

“Things are never going to be the same. We’ve both changed, and I’m never going to completely get over this…but I still love you,” I blubbered falling into his chest crying out the emotions that I’d kept buried away for so long. He held me to his chest and I could feel his heart racing. I think we’d both been waiting to be back in each others arms for a year or so.