Chapter 3

Hermione's POV

Its been a week since I was discharged from the hospital. Everything is going smoothly. Although, no one knows the real reason behind my sudden illness that landed me in a hospital ward for three weeks.

I am still thinking of various ways to tell everyone the real reason. 'Where is your Gryffindor courage 'Mione? Get your shit together and tell them already!' my consciousness tells me.

One thing was clear, I had to tell them soon because they are sort of the second family after what I did to my parents. I need to break up with Ronald as well and I know it won't be pretty when I tell him the truth.

As my consciousness reminds me, I get my shit together and exit mine and Ginny's room, and head downstairs. As I entered the kitchen, I noticed everyone was either in their rooms or was relaxing in the garden in front of the Burrow.

"Ginny! Ginny! Where are you?" I shrieked.

Ginny on the other hand was flying on her broom, comes down to meet me in the kitchen.

"Hey 'Mione! What happened?"

"Hey.. um.. can you call everyone to... umm... gather in the kitchen? I w-wanted to make an a-announcement..." God when did I start stuttering? I give Ginny a nervous smile.

"Yeah sure," I can tell she was troubled by my stuttering but stilled screamed on the top of her lungs. "Everyone get your arses in the kitchen Hermione wants to say something'!"

Everyone slowly starts to gather in the kitchen and gives me a look of expectance. I slowly muster the Gryffindor courage and start, "Well I know I gave you all a fright due to my sudden illness. Well, it wasn't exactly a self-induced coma. It was a lie..." I somehow managed to get this much out in a single breathe. Before I could continue with my revelation, Mrs. Weasley spoke up.

"Dear, what do mean? Is something wrong? You know you can tell us..."

"Mrs. Weasley, the thing is that I have been accepted as the mate of an unknown Veela due to which I had to go through a transformation."

Everyone gasps while Ron just looks at me with wide eyes.

"Before anyone of you reacts, I need Ron to know that I have to break up with him because I can't let anyone else dying because of me... I have got enough blood on my hands due to the war. I hope you respect my choice and move on..."

" 'Mione you cant do that to me! I am your boyfriend! You cant ditch me for some unknown monster!"

"Yeah, you are my boyfriend who cheats on me while I am laying in the hospital bed. You think I don't know anything about what you do? Or you think I am dumb enough not to smell the different odor on your shirts and see pink lipsticks when you handed me your laundry of the past month?"

Everyone gasps in shock while Ron's head hangs in shame.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Are Hermione's assumptions false or did Ron cheat on Hermione? Continue reading to find out.

Please comment, share and vote for my story. I will try posting early as I will be very busy in march due to exams.

Love y'all

-Anushka