Chapter 20

~Mistakes are portals of discovery~

The song uploaded up is something I listened to while writing this. Hope you like it too!

No one's POV

"How else do you think she has that toned stomach and beautiful body? She wakes up at five every morning, runs, and then stops at the nearby gym. Around seven she comes back, sometimes goes back to sleep or continues her day." Ginny interfered in the interrogation.

As soon as she said that, the scraping of knives and forks stopped and everyone's necks snapped to Hermione with their eyes wide. The deafening silence loomed for around two minutes when Selena spoke up, "Well, where is your salad then. I mean, don't you need to eat all those leafy things to get into shape?"

"Well, that is the point. I love food. And I eat a lot when I am stressed, which is almost every day. So I joined a gym membership and started going there. So yeah, I am a foodie with a Greek body. Enough about me, what I want to know is when is my older brother getting married?"

Brooke's and Selena's eyes lit up at the mention of the wedding and they all dived into their wedding plans. Turns out they really were in love and it wasn't an arranged marriage as Hermione had thought. And she was happy to know that there was no pressure of arranged marriages as they had already given up on that tradition long before even Dolan's grandparents had married.

The lunch had gone by well and everyone was now chilling in the formal sitting room. Yes, you heard it right, they had an informal and formal sitting room, and not one but two in each wing. Too many rich people. 🤷‍♀️

The time was flying away and before they knew it, it was time to cut the cake, well two cakes, one for Blaise and one for Hermione. And you can't possibly deny that they looked beautiful and suited both the now-adults. 

Blaise's one-tier cake was covered with brown fondant. It had chocolate balls covered in gold and brown on the top and the bottom. The whole cake was sprayed with gold dust. On the front of the cake, on the curve, the words 'Happy Birthday' was spelt out in beautiful cursive painted in edible gold colour.

(Picture below 👇)

Hermione's one-tier cake was covered with dark chocolate ganache giving it a matte finish

Hermione's one-tier cake was covered with dark chocolate ganache giving it a matte finish. It had all sorts of chocolate bars and balls on the top and bottom of the cake just like Blaise's cake had. Half of the cake had gold-coloured glaze dripping from the edges giving it a classy look. A round 'Happy Birthday' sign sat proudly in the midst of all the chocolates.

(Picture below 👇)