Chapter 4

Ron's POV

How did she know about it? Even if she does, I need to maintain my posture and act as if nothing had happened, because if any of them starts believing her then no one will see me in the eye.

I look Hermione in the eye and say, "Really? You've got nothing other than accusing me of cheating. I never knew you were such a sneaky girl. How can you be so dimwit to believe that your faithful boyfriend has cheated upon you? How can you accuse me?"

-

Hermione's POV

Oh so now he will play the innocent bee card. Then let's play along.

"Oh really? Then why did your month-old shirt had lipstick stains and had a smell of a very different perfume that I can't even afford to wear? I believe I was in the hospital a month ago or were you snogging my ghost?" I said in my sweetest voice which I knew was sending tingles in his body.

His face was ghastly pale and everyone was just watching us argue. "I-I how do you k-know that?"

Wow! He seriously has the guts to ask that. "Ronald if you don't remember, you asked me to put your clothes in the laundry yesterday. It just so happened that the shirt was on the top. I don't know if this will surprise you or not, but I know you spent your days in Leaky Cauldron while I was in the hospital. Now, what have you got to cover up your scandal?"

He gulps hard. My plan was working. I knew he had been cheating on me when I was sulking in St. Mungo's. His next words open up the whole truth.

"What if I did or I didn't, you didn't even seem to care! You had no interest in me! Just got your nose in a book and keep on reading. You are the most boring person I have ever met!"

"Oh, so I am boring! And what about you? Just keep on wailing about quidditch, never took my opinion in the count. At least I didn't cheat on my boyfriend when he was in the hospital!"

he is now getting on my nerves. How can he call me boring!

"I do not wail about quidditch and it was a moment of weakness. I didn't mean to!"

Moment of weakness, huh?

"Whether you meant it or not, you still did it. And moment of weakness, what happened in the so-called moment of weakness that caused you to shag around thirty girls in two weeks? You might think I am dumb and I don't know what you are doing but it's quite the opposite. Do you think I wouldn't notice those hickeys on your neck or I wouldn't notice your distant behavior towards me? You have got it all wrong Ronald Weasley!"

Everyone gasps and looks at the both of us with wide eyes while Ronald's face was crimson red. "I've just got the clarification of my accusation Ronald Weasley!" I said pointing my finger at Ron's face.

"All right, I did it! But what will you do? You're just a mud blood and an insufferable know-it-all!"

This is all that takes Mrs. Weasley to pull Ronald's ear and yank his hair.

"Shut up Ronald Bilius Weasley! Just shut up! How dare you insult her? How dare you cheat on her? You are grounded till August and you are not allowed to leave your room. Now shut up and leave. Your punishment starts now!"

Ron goes towards his room taking his face which was now as red as his hair. Mr. Weasley then turns to me and envelopes me in a big hug. "Hermione I am sorry on behalf of Ronald and I wish you all the best for your life with your future veela."

"Thanks, Mr. Weasley. But the thing is I would like to leave this place and return to my old house because I don't think I'll be able to live under the same roof with Ronald without causing a scene. I thank you all for your hospitality but now I shall leave. Thanks once again!" with this, I run off to the room which was assigned to me and start packing my stuff. After almost half an hour, I packed my things and got ready to leave the burrow.

"Hermione I am gonna miss you," Harry says after hugging me.

"I'll miss you all very much but now I should take my leave"

This time Mrs. Weasley stops me and hugs me. "Hermione pls don't leave us. You are practically our daughter."

"I know Mrs. Weasley, but I can't manage to live with him. Once again thanks!"

"Hermione wait!" Ginny comes down with a couple of bags in hand. "I am coming with you for fifteen days until you settle down. I hope that's okay?"

"Of course Gin! Just take permission and come along." Ginny glances at Mrs. Weasley with pleading eyes. "Oh all right, go-ahead."

"Thanks, Mum! Bye, everyone!" she goes and pecks Harry's cheek as she hooks her arm in mine, and we apparate off to land in front of my parent's house.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now, what will happen next? Keep reading to find out.

Please comment, share and vote for my story. I will try posting early as I will be very busy in march due to exams.

Love y'all

-Anushka