Frustration... (Ken Kaneki x Reader)

lmao i'm soooo obsessed with kaneki

this is a either going to be a steamy lime or a lemon idk. anyway mature content

coming back to this while writing, i decided on lemon

fun fact: im actually a lesbian but i simp for any gender anime characters

anyways here we go

reader is female btw

I throw my empty soda can into a nearby trash can, stuffing my hands back into my pockets. I turn into an alleyway, hoping to make it to the market faster. 

Suddenly a tall figure pops in front of me. I attempt to yell, but his hand flies up to cover my mouth. The best descriptive features of this guy were that he has white hair and wears a black mask with a connected eye patch. 

My hand flies up to his, grabbing it and kicking him in the side, making him turn around and fall with his arm behind his back. He groans. 

"Ah, you still got it huh?" He laughs deeply. 

I recognize that voice... but where from? As my realization comes to me, I slowly let go of his arm, backing away slightly. "Kaneki?" I ask suspiciously. He chuckles quietly, getting up. "That's me." I back away a little, before changing my mind and running up to him. Tackling him in a hug.

He falls back a little but steadies himself. "I missed you Ken." I nuzzle my face into his neck. "And you smell good." I laugh.

He laughs too. "I missed you as well. How'd you even recognize me?"

"Your voice. But sir. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" I back away, smacking his arm.

His hand shoots up to where I smacked him. "Ow. Anyways...." He tells me the story of all the things that has happened to him since becoming a ghoul.

"Wow... you've been through so much." I frown. He shakes his head. "Don't worry about it, I was just happy to spot you walking through here." I nod.

"Oh and can I just say- YOU WERE TOTALLY HOLDING OUT ON YOUR LOOKS BACK THEN."

He smirks. "What are you implying? That I'm hot now?"

I blush. "Yes, exactly. Anyways are you coming with me to the market then?" I start walking away.

"Did.... did you not hear anything about the fact that I'm a criminal? I can't go to the market stupid." He follows slowly,

"Just take off your mask. You'll be fine." I continue walking.

He sighs, taking it off and tucking it in my bag. He walks a little faster to stand beside me, looking down at me. "Woah. Did you get taller? And why do you wear that mask you have such a nice face-"

"Yes I did get taller. And again, I'm a criminal."

"Oh right." I laugh. "Hey, tuck away your ghoul eye stupid."

He chuckles. "Whoops. I didn't even notice."

When we get to the market, I grab a basket and start walking around. "So...." He starts. "You looked pretty rough before I swooped down. What's your life been like since I left?"

I sigh. "Not great. When you left.... I basically spiraled down into a pit of nothingness. I don't know what happened. When I started to get better, all my friends turned out to be fake and left me. Then, at some point I got a boyfriend... he dumped me a few months later because he "couldn't deal with my depression". So I think that was about a year ago. Since then i've just been feeling really frustrated... I don't know why." I explain.