Chapter Thirty Six

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! You busted in here for us with a gun like an actor from an action movie, it was so cool!" Enrique said, gassing Omari's head up.

Omari sat on the couch, chuckling. He could admit it was crazy, but he couldn't help himself. He was her man and didn't want another man taking credit for protecting his family. He literally stopped being able to sleep because he would stay up wondering if they were okay and what was going on.

French had stepped out of the house to run some errands. Leaving them in the house, alone. All of them were on the couch, Inola on Omari's lap and Enrique on the other end of the couch so Joshua could stretch out in the open space and have his head on his lap.

"We can leave the house, right?" Omari questioned, and signed at the same time.

Usually the answer would've been no, but just three nights ago French took her out to dinner. Last time she checked French told her it was safe to be in public because he had mostly taken care of everything.

Staring at Omari, Inola had a flashback of when Omari snapped on her for having the abortion.

"Aye, don't you ever do something like this again. You're not the only one who's involved in a decision like that. The way I feel right now is so messed up. You ever do something so outright disrespectful like that and imma go fucking crazy, you hear me?"

Then she thought back to that night in French's room. The way she was arched over in French's bed, taking deep back shots while she grabbed the sheets. The amount of times he came inside her like she belonged him, the way she was moaning and groaning at his powerful thrust as he slapped her ass and fucked her to sleep.

Omari rubbed her left arm up and down seeing goosebumps appear. "You cold?"

Inola cleared her throat and shook her head from side to side, kissing his cheek. She got up, signing to the boys. You guys hungry? I'll get started on breakfast.

"Actually, I wanted to take you guys out for breakfast. That's why I was asking if it was safe to be outside." Omari signed.

Inola twisted her lips to the side. I'm not sure...

Omari bent down and scooped Joshua into his hands. He was already dressed, they all were. Even though they weren't going anywhere they had on casual clothes. Inola and the kids had developed a habit of being in pajamas all day, because they were trapped in the house. So today was the first day they had returned to casual clothes.

"We'll be fine, I'll walk with my gun. I'm not going to let anything happen to you guys. And I'm not going to let another man tell me when I could go outside with my family, so get dressed."

Inola found this new side of Omari amusing and kind of a turn on. She stood up, pecking his lips.

The front door opened and French paused, watching the family of four. It'd only been two days and the near presence of Omari was driving him crazy. French hadn't seen him since the night he let him stay and he was planning on avoiding him at all costs—just to keep from killing him.

He watched Omari holding Joshua upright who was dressed in a long sleeve shirt and jeans with socks on. Inola was standing next to them, reaching to clean the boy's face. The older kid was just watching his mother and her boyfriend. None of them noticed him, yet.

French watched Inola finally turn away from her son as her and Omari went back and forth about something. Omari was mumbling and she must've been able to read his lips because he wasn't signing, since he was using both hands to hold the boy up. Inola smiled and kissed his lips, causing French to close the front door to make his presence known.